CIB - WP - APAC Regional FIG Liquidity Pricing and Balance Optimisation Manager
The position reports to the APAC Liquidity Deposit Management and Account Services Lead. The scope of the role includes FIG pricing strategy and governance, balance sheet management, analytics and advisory. The role will also support the expansion and commercialization of strategic initiatives for Wholesale Payments and the FIG franchise.
The position works closely with the Regional and Local FIG Sales Heads, WP Global Product Team, WP APAC Country Heads, WP APAC Local Product Managers, together with partners including Group Treasury, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Operations, Technology, Implementation and Client Service.
Responsibilities include: Product Management:
Risk, Regulatory & Remediation Management:
- Contribute to setting product and pricing strategy for the APAC FIG franchise, ensuring alignment with Global strategies and APAC/Local priorities
- Leverage data and analytics to support balance management and advisory around liquidity optimisation across the FIG portfolio
- Developing a robust understanding of market dynamics across the region - competition, regulatory changes, emerging client requirements and product needs as they related to FIG
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all relevant global (Basel III, GSIB, FDIC etc.) and local regulations as it relates to overdraft, deposit and account services products and resulting impacts on the liquidity portfolio
- Partner with CIB Treasury and Corporate Treasury on balance sheet management initiatives, identifying opportunities for growth and optimize deployment of deposits.
- Identify product gaps, prioritize enhancement requirements and develop business cases to support investment requests.
- Work with the Client Service and Implementation teams to streamline processes and achieve a consistent client experience.
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of training to functional partners on product mechanics, positioning and selling guidelines for deposit and account services products.
- Work closely with functional partners pre and post releases to ensure new product functionalities are delivered as per specified business requirements.
- Manage day-to-day priorities in relation to the products by working closely with functional partners and by providing expert support to front, middle and back office.
- Provide direct support to clients during and post implementation as required.
- Ensure comprehensive on-boarding and servicing procedures are in place and up to date.
- Ensure understanding and identification of the risk attributes to the product portfolio and the client segments utilising the products in scope.
- Work closely with functional partners in Risk, Legal and Compliance to ensure new regulations are fully understood and acted upon efficiently and in a timely manner. Ensure risks and impact by segment are fully understood and documented appropriately.
- Ensure strong controls are in place end-to-end, including all activities related to client on-boarding, operational processes, legal, compliance, accounting and tax. Ensure strong end-to-end product management control framework is maintained and updated in line with changes in legal and regulatory environment.
- Work with functional partners in operations and technology to actively support minimization of manual processes and activities.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Work with Wholesale Payments and FIG Sales colleagues and peers to analyse client needs and competitive, industry and market trends. Provide feedback to product management team on market intelligence.
- Fully understand market requirements and contribute to development strategy for the products in scope. Working closely with the Global team and other Liquidity Product Managers to provide innovative solutions globally and in APAC.
- Collaborate with Legal, Risk and Compliance to align product documentation negotiations and control points in client negotiations.
- Align closely with Treasury Services business / product partners to ensure strong cross-sell opportunities to drive multi-product revenue.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Minimum 12+ years of relevant banking experience, preferably within Transactional Services, FI Sales or Liquidity Management.
- Experience in liquidity products, deposit management and pricing across multiple geographies, is strongly preferred.
- Experience in price negotiation required
- Track record of strong partnerships with key stakeholders, and especially of execution credentials.
- Understanding and appreciation of the Liquidity regulatory and control environment, and particularly of the APAC landscape.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong financial, analytical and strategic skills.
- Organizational, administration and project management competencies.
- Collaborative attitude, with proven ability to work across global matrices.