CIB Operations- Credit Middle Office- Associate
The Credit Derivatives trading team is a market leader in vanilla and complex Credit, Interest Rate, FX and cross-asset products. Trades executed are bespoke, highly structured OTC derivatives, along with associated hedges. The emphasis on the team is upon control and understanding the fundamentals of the area in which they operate as well as the current procedures.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to join a high profile, multi-product team, with excellent opportunities for personal growth and development. The area works closely with Front Office, requiring strong attention to detail and the ability to work in high pressure situations. The pace is fast and the team is a dynamic and diverse combination of individuals. Key Responsibilities:
The team member will be expected to complete the following tasks:
Key Skills and Experience:
- Ensure accurate capture of transactions and trade events into risk management and processing systems
- Promote a control culture to ensure the team accurately captures all transactions into the risk management and processing systems
- Understand key risks and associated control points on the transaction lifecycle
- Build and maintain relationships with Front Office, Risk Management and other Middle Offices.
- Deliver projects related to all of the above
- Understanding and experience of Credit Derivatives
- Excellent communication - Much of the role requires dialogue with Trading desks, operations and 3rd parties on a local and regional level
- Time management - There are numerous deadlines and processes across the day and the candidate must be able to deal with issues and escalations in a fast paced environment
- Numeracy - Many of the investigations will require a good level of numeracy to calculate interest amounts and be comfortable dealing with volumes of data at speed.
- Team-work - The ability to work effectively as part of a team working to deliver against core business objectives such as improving settlement efficiency of Trade support.
- Ability to work well under pressure is essential as there are significant operational losses associated with non completion of daily processes