CIMD, Infrastructure Operations, Investment Guidelines - GSAM Investment Guidelines, Associate/Vice President, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking to apply your client service and analytical skills while deepening your understanding of asset management? Our Trade Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our diversified Asset Management Portfolio Managers and global business counterparts to provide best in-class client experience to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
The candidate will be responsible is to safeguard the account onboarding process by controlling and effectively mitigating portfolio risk. The candidate will be working in interpretation, analysis of investment guideline restrictions and coding them in compliance monitoring applications. OUR IMPACT
The Guideline Management team sits within Trade Management operations which has primary responsibility of coding investment guidelines into compliance monitoring systems and providing pre-trade & post-trade oversight . Guidelines team supports portfolio managers by updating Investment management mandates on Compliance platforms and monitoring alerts for Institutional client guidelines. Coding involves setting up client & compliance regulations in systems to enable effective monitoring of guidelinesThese functions cover a wide range of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives. This involves extensive interaction with traders, portfolio managers and client relationship managers to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement monitoring related solutions for new clients, products, strategies, and system architecture. TEAM OVERVIEW
Asset Management Division (AMD) is the investment management arm providing global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. AMD has become one of the pre-eminent investment management organisations globally, with responsibility for over $800bn assets under management.
AMD Operations delivers asset management and wealth management capabilities to clients around the world. We are a multi-faceted group that partners with all areas of the Asset Management Division to support evolving markets and business requirements. Alongside that vital service delivery role, Asset Management Operations provides essential risk management and control. Within Asset Management Operations the guidelines management role will require an individual to join a team that performs coding, testing and post trade surveillance for client investment guidelines and regulatory guidelines within AMD. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts, trade life-cycle and act as a single point of contact for AMD business for any guideline related issues. Types of accounts include separately managed accounts, mutual funds, sub-advised funds, pooled vehicles, hedge funds.
- Ability to understand and decipher Investment management Agreement, Prospectus, Statement of Additional Information (SAI), Investment Policies and other client restrictions.
- Coding client and regulatory rules on compliance platforms
- Liaison with Portfolio Managers to ensure complete adherence to Investment Guidelines
- Partner with various operations team to improve data availability and overall quality of underlying data.
- Partner with monitoring team to reduces false breaches and manually monitored guidelines.
- Partner and liaise with client implementation team to qualify new business, implement account events, and ensure the adequacy of account surveillance.
- Providing effective thought leadership in navigating evolving financial regulatory landscape and helping to develop technological solutions to build appropriate architecture.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Associate/Executive director level with around 4 years of professional experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of operational aspects of trade management or guideline surveillance
- Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Demonstrate ability to partner across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Understanding of Equity, Fixed Income, Currencies and Derivatives
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) / FRM (Financial Risk Manager by GARP) / CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment) certifications will be a plus
- Comfortable escalating to Sales, Trading, Compliance, and Legal
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in coding guideline monitoring systems like Sentinel, Aladdin, Charles River will be an advantage
- Be a strategic thinker, possess strong facilitation and data gathering skills
- Effective problem solver, attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Risk management focus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity