COO - Documentary Trade Operator - Associate
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 20 janv. 19
COO - Documentary Trade Operator - Associate
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
The Trade Finance Operations Officer is responsible for Monitoring and critical controls of our end to end Trade Finance Operations transactions processing.
Liaise with external Trade Finance clients on transactional matters and queries.
Facilitates communication between functional teams to share knowledge and good practice, and to foster a focus on process and performance efficiency.
Responsible for building and managing relationships with GTB front office and other internal and external parties in particular around the more time critical, complex or regulated Trade Finance structure and processing
- Responsible for ensuring timely, complete and accurate processing of Trade Finance transactions (including performing all relevant controls) within own area of responsibility
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including Product Management, Legal, Compliance, Sales colleagues in developing product solution, taking into consideration UCP, URC, ISBP, URDG and other technical and regulatory requirements
- Where appropriate, builds and maintains relationships with GTB front office clients to provide a point of contact within the GTO functional team for time critical, complex or regulated tasks in particular
- Applies GTO and Business strategies and objectives across product and business lines within all internal and external policies/guidelines and requirements of the regulators and to agreed SLAs, KRIs and/or KPIs
- Implement and Enhance critical control processes around end to end processing of Trade Finance Operations, which includes daily reconciliation, monitoring and Compliance checks, Sorting and scanning of relevant documents to Offshore processing centre.
- Works closely with Off-shore processing centre team, Branch Trade Finance Ops team members, and Client service team members to ensure seamless service delivery. Ability to cover other team members duties as and when required.
- Ensures the escalation of operational, regulatory and other risks to line manager and functional leads as appropriate; contributes to the development and implementation of mitigation or control solutions
- Undertakes periodic reviews of the efficiency and effectiveness of operational processes within own area of responsibility to identify opportunities to eliminate waste and improve efficiency and performance
- Provides direction, support and guidance to direct reports and functional teams within own area of responsibility to create and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Actively supports the GTO strategy, plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture. Personally contributes in an environment where people development is the number one priority
- Takes ownership for own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution.
- Acts as a role model for new employees, providing help and support to facilitate early integration and assimilation of their new environment
- Highlights performance issues within the team, where appropriate, to drive for high performance
Experience and Exposure:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in Trade Finance technical areas, supporting GTB Trade Finance Business
- Mandatory Product knowledge in the Trade Finance Business, including Letters of Credit, Documentary collection, Guarantees, Financing products,
- In-depth knowledge in ICC Publications such as UCP, URC, ISBP, URDG, ISP etc.
- Basic analytical skills, flexible regarding production problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English and preferably local language
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in a matrix organizations
- Excellent team worker, able to work in virtual global teams and a matrix organization
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, keep pace with technical innovation and maintain a broad understanding of the GBS offering
- Open minded, able to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.