COO - Head of KYC Remediation - Director
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 17 nov. 18
COO - Head of KYC Remediation - Director
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
- Responsible for driving KYC remediation across all APAC location and ensuring remediation completion deadlines are met in line with global commitments
- Ensure strong remediation progress cadence is maintained though appropriate pipeline management, governance and tracking and coordination across all groups involved.
- Ensure strong collaboration with global remediation teams in terms of overall approach and Multi-jurisdictional review completions.
- Establish glide paths by business and location for remediation progress tracking and ensure continued adherence on a week by week basis.
- Manage overall remediation team (~9 FTE) workload across various facets of remediation activities while ensuring continued progress
- Ensure right levels of KYC due diligence are applied and KYC file quality based on policy adherence is maintained for files progressed through remediation.
- Ensure right levels of controls and governance are established and regularly monitored around any remediation related processes such as pipeline management and progress tracking to ensure the efforts are audit proof.
- Partner with AFC teams to address and streamline any interpretation issues around policy compliance and ensure as part of end to end process, progress is maintained appropriate at AFC end as well.
- Engage actively with business and outreach teams to ensure overall end to end progression is as per plan, and identify proactively identify opportunities for improvements and/or hotspots for drilldown and resolution.
- Partner with other groups within CLM around off boarding / NCA/EDR to ensure inter-dependencies are well understood and tracked and addressed in a timely manner.
- Initiate and chair meetings with all groups involved with remediation including AFC/Business/CLM teams/Country Management to drive end to end governance and progress.
- Act as the highest point of escalation within APAC remediation space for matters pertaining to client onboarding processes and drive issue resolution.
- Act as client partner in having regular feedback sessions with all key business stakeholders around remediation progress.
- Drive prioritization of CLM deliverables for remediation by agreeing resource allocation in consultation with branch and DBOI leads and working out staff augmentation/relocation options as needed.
- Ensure appropriate performance management and career development for direct team members to have an overall high performing team.
- Work with SME and standards teams as needed to address knowledge gaps around remediation process and identify areas for further development around training content / policy clarifications / DTP guidance.
- Establish a broader understanding of client onboarding functions in Deutsche Bank context including tax and reg implication as well as associated client data maintenance aspects aside from KYC compliance.
- Establish an understanding of existing CLM platforms/ tools and identify areas for improvement and contribute to target state TLM platform/process definition journey.
- Branch CLM leads whose teams are working on remediation on the ground.
- DBOI (service center) leads whose teams are working on hub remediation files.
- Regional CLM management team
- Global CLM Remediation leads
- Regional business managers and outreach team lead across all relevant CIB sub-businesses associated with remediation
- Regional and Country AFC heads to ensure strong coordination between CLM and AFC
- Mercury Program leads
- Other teams within CLM around Off boarding / Platform changes/ NCA's etc.
- Country COO's to ensure escalation if progress in a particular location is slow.
- QA /ERT/ KYC Standards teams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate with strong academic background
- Overall experience of at least 15 years in the Banking/Finance industry of which at least 2 years should be in significant regional leadership role.
- Significant experience in KYC/Client onboarding space in banks of similar size with direct knowledge /involvement of KYC review and remediation processes.
- Strong working knowledge of client AML/KYC requirements and associated client KYC documentation required for CIB clients.
- Strong understanding of key risk and control issues facing KYC processes
- Project management or change execution experience either around process re-engineering or system enhancements a significant plus
- Experience of working across multiple geographies a big plus.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Accuracy and attention to detail with data essential- strong excel and office skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral via various media i.e. e-mail, phone, face to face and conference calls
- Highly collaborative and able to generate trust and partnership from senior/peer level stakeholders
- Proven ability to be able to build on and maintain key business partner relationships
- Strong organization skills around taking problem statements and targets and structuring a path towards the goal.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills with ability to work with peer groups and matrixed teams while driving execution strongly.
- Management skill to manage the team including VP's and more junior staff
- Thought leadership around KYC challenges with ability to suggest ideas for improvement.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- High EQ and able to assimilate other stakeholders perspectives
- Ability to work under high pressure and maintain calmness.
- Ability to take a “hands-on” approach with willingness to get into details as needed on a frequent basis.
- Able to motivate and develop people while maintaining focus on highly challenging deliverables.
- Strong maturity levels in terms of navigating organizational matrix and balancing priorities / competing stakeholder demands.
- Able to manage virtual relationships with peers as well as indirect teams.
- Strong execution and deadline focus with ability to work with minimal management supervision
- Change/continuous improvement mindset with strong interest in questioning status quo.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.