COO - KYC Client Onboarding - Associate/ AVP
Position Overview Overview
The KYC Client Onboarding Associate is responsible for ensuring client is successfully on boarded as required per global KYC policy, local KYC requirements, meeting tax, and regulatory norms. The individual will be responsible for a variety of objectives including client due diligence, fronting the KYC control teams and liaising with all levels of management across customers for CIB (GTB, CF, GM) business lines, Compliance, and other support areas to ensure and efficient, flexible and accurate process for on-boarding clients. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the inflow of request and prioritize KYC Client onboarding
- Ensure business and client is provided with the KYC, Tax, and regulatory requirements for all onboarding request
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept informed of the progress, challenges, and escalating issues where appropriate. Interact with Front Office and External Clients as appropriate and be hands on. Take end to end ownership and coordinate with various teams to get the task done (Credit, Compliance, Legal etc)
- Follow up on any delays and deficiency on KYC docs
- Perform quality checks to ensure that defined guideline is adhered whilst working as the process owner and to ensure end-to-end management of all activities
- Ensure adherence to standards, procedures and also identify risk mitigates and is fully aware of Operational Risk management
- Perform the Client reconciliation between downstream systems and KYC records and responsible for remediation of legacy clients.
- Solid experience in the Banking/Finance industry in a client on boarding/KYC environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with internal compliance (AFC) and client outreach teams.
- KYC policy knowledge for Local Singapore and Hong Kong regulations, with the appetite to keep up to date with all regulatory changes.
- Relevant KYC background with experience working in Client Onboarding team. Has worked as maker or Checker and experience on dealing with clients and internal Sales teams
- Ability to use sound judgment to determine due diligence quality and if meets regulatory standards.
- Able to cope well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Eye for detail and willingness to question current state practices
- Ability to apply regulatory guidance to review process in absence of written policy
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and follow-up skills; ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users .
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.