Chief Compliance Officer, SC Ventures
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 mai 18 2018-05-16
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
BackgroundSC Ventures (SCV), will spearhead the bank's digital innovation across the Group. Included in SCV's mandate will be to invest in Fintechs and other start-up companies, and promote rapid testing and implementation of new business models.
- Catalysts: Internal consultants will help the rest of the Group in problem-solving and spreading innovation best practices and client-centric design. The eXellerator innovation lab will be part of this group.
- Investments: A professional investment unit to manage the Group's minority investments in Fintech companies and to seek further investments in promising technologies.
- Ventures: The Venture unit will sponsor and oversee new disruptive ventures that are wholly or partially owned by Standard Chartered. It will seek projects that amplify the bank's core strengths or where the bank can support a venture in a strategic way.
The role: Chief Compliance Officer - SC Ventures
Research and develop an applicable compliance framework and processes for SC Ventures, taking into account Standard Chartered Group compliance requirements, the nature and risk of investments and joint ventures the new entity will undertake, and the accelerated pace that SC Ventures is expected to operate with. Test and execute on the culture and practice of the SC venture's compliance framework, and the underpinning ethical standards consistent with supporting the Group's strategic direction and growth aspirations in SC Ventures. Identify, mitigate, monitor, and manage the broader regulatory risks (banking, financial crime, media, legal and privacy) implicit in the SC Ventures.activities.
- Drive and implement the vision, strategy and direction set by Head SC Ventures and Group Head Compliance for the Compliance Function for SC Ventures, and align it with the broader strategic agenda of the Group and SC Ventures.
- Oversee the implementation of the SC Ventures' compliance framework and methodology (encompassing risk identification, assessment, monitoring, training and product / business advice).
- Analyse and assess Compliance risks and impact of SC ventures' activities, investments and ventures, including the partnership models we establish
- Ensure that key legal and regulatory requirements and changes are communicated and embedded into our pipeline management process
- Recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies / processes / Department Operating Instrunctions to address Compliance risks, aligning them with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Provide governance and oversight over the implementation of Compliance-related policies and procedures in SCV to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.Lead through example and build the appropriate compliance culture and values.
- Set appropriate tone and expectations from the SCV Compliance team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the holders of all critical functions are competent, suitably skilled and qualified for their roles.
- Identify and assess sources of regulatory risks and ensure that systems and controls are appropriate to mitigate and manage risks within acceptable risk tolerance levels. Report on material regulatory, compliance risks.
- Challenge and maintain the right balance between risk prudence and pace of innovation set by the new competitor landscape.
- Ensure lessons learned from audit findings, Compliance assurance activities and investigations are prepared and cascaded to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide timely oversight information to Compliance senior management and Head, SC Ventures on key regulatory risks and control issues.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Relevant undergraduate degree, ideally in Law, Technology, Compliance, or Risk Management
- Relevant professional / post graduate certifications
- Substantial experience in managing compliance, regulatory and financial crime risks
- Experience in the financial services, digital banking, venture and/or start up industry
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - Here for good. Apply Now...