Cloud Infrastructure Engineer #TeSA
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future.
Singtel is Asia's leading communications technology group, providing a portfolio of services from next-generation communication, technology services to infotainment to both consumers and businesses.
We are a major communications player in Asia Pacific through our strategic investments in regional mobile operators, Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines), Advanced Info Service (Thailand) and Bharti Airtel (India), which has significant presence in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Africa.
This job role is supported by the structured development programme for mid-career professionals under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) initiative, led by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in partnership with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG).
The programme aims to provide Singaporeans aged 40 and above with a tech-related job while being reskilled or upskilled. Mid-career professionals will have the assurance of being employed in a paid job while attending structured Company-Led Training for in-demand tech skills. They will also gain experience in a tech role to tap into the good careers that the infocomm sector offers.
For more information on the programme, please visit www.imtalent.sg/TeSAMidCareer Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - #TeSA
Singtel is using multiple-cloud platform to accelerate our transformation to become a digital telecommunication and platform player. You will have the opportunity to work with a team that will establish the cloud standards and architecture that enable the implementation to be completed in a consistent, secured and yet agile way.
You will have the opportunity to interface with multiple tribes and business units to help build our cloud and ensure consistent adoption of the technology, working in an Agile environment with a team of cloud and DevOps engineers. Responsibilities:
- Cloud Engineering, Architecture Strategy and Planning, especially for AWS Cloud and Cloud, connect. Develop and maintain AWS cloud architectures across different infrastructure technologies.
- Support the development of complex enterprise architectures for AWS computing architecture, architecture reviews, and selection efforts.
- Exercise expertise and knowledge of architecture to benchmark with third party organizations to discipline overall Cloud strategy.
- Continue to expand knowledge of industry trends, applying that knowledge by evaluating fit to the organization.
- Participate and assist managers in setting the long-term direction, roadmaps, and standards for technical architecture.
- Establish standards such as VPC, Cloud connect, IAM, S3, EC2, Tagging, Cloud monitoring, cloud security, Cloudwatch for monitoring, cloud trail for logs, etc. Elastic, CDN, etc. and templating them so that their deployment can be automated. The use of automation tools like cloud formation, terraform to automate the process. At the same time, make infra as a code so that they can be consumed by CI/CD.
- Establish standards and documenting them for reference.
- Automating all aspect of provision, monitoring, patching etc where possible
- Keep up with the cloud development especially tools in market place.
- Ensure that security is embedded by design.
- Qualification in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or related discipline
- Some experience in Cloud AWS PVC, CDN, IAM, Assumed Role, Fargate, Cloudtrail, cloudwatch, SQS
- Some experience with AWS Cloud and Scripting like Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Possess a challenger spirit and willing to learn in a dynamic environment
- Customer focus and self-driven in engaging stakeholders
- Good verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- This programme is open only to Singaporeans
If this description is exciting and you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a difference, then please follow the link to apply.
By submitting your application for this job role, you agree that Singtel may collect, use and disclose your name and email address, which you have provided in the form, for the Infocomm Media Development Authority (TeSA Mid-Career Advance programme administrator) to send a follow-up email. Please note that information will be sent directly by the Infocomm Media Development Authority.
For more information on this and other opportunities please refer to our careers portal under https://groupcareers.singtel.com . Let's shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change. Note to Recruitment Agencies
In sourcing for candidates for particular roles, the Singtel Group works only with a panel of selected recruitment agencies expressly engaged under written agreements. Even then, these agencies are only activated from time to time for specific recruitment exercises for particular roles under instructions expressly issued by a member of the Singtel Talent Acquisition team.
Except under such circumstances, no agency shall source or attempt to source any candidates for the Singtel Group. The Singtel Group will not pay nor be obliged or liable to pay any recruitment fees of any kind whatsoever to any agency where candidate CVs are submitted to the Singtel Group by such agency on an unsolicited or speculative basis.
The Singtel Group reserves all rights to directly contact any candidate to which such CVs relate without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agency concerned (including without limitation any obligation or liability to pay any recruitment fees of any kind).