Compliance Manager – Product Compliance, Director
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
This position within the Product Compliance Team of the Compliance Department is mainly
responsible for ensuring product compliance at the bank. The incumbent will also be contributing to other compliance advisory duties by the team. The successful candidate is expected to be knowledgeable in regulatory requirements surrounding products and services, as well as intimate understanding of current laws and regulations relevant to the private banking business. The successful candidate should be able to work independently in the product compliance area, but a team player at the same time. Responsibilities
- Contribute in product approval committee discussions by advising on compliance requirements relating to new/variations in products and services, with focus on asset management and funds distribution.
- Review and comment on marketing materials, research materials, and other bank publications.
- Participate in bank-wide regulatory projects where required.
- Provide advice and support to management and staff on compliance related areas, rules and regulations as well as bank's internal policies and procedures.
- 10 - 12 years of experience in compliance function, preferably with at least 5 years in private banking / asset management environment.
- Good understanding of the regulatory requirements and best practices, for conducting fund management and funds distribution in Singapore.
- Knowledge of regional, as well as European regulatory requirements relating to funds/asset management business will be favored.
- Knowledgeable in Banking Act, Securities and Futures Act, Financial Advisers Act, and other regulatory requirements facing private banks e.g. licensing, client suitability, cross-border marketing etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Solutions-oriented and willingness to work on various compliance issues.
- Must be able to adapt to working in a fast-paced environment