Assist the Head of Financial Management Department (“FMD”) to carry out day-to-day financial management functions and related financial & regulatory reporting duties in Singapore Branch.
- Prepare and submit regulatory reports on time in order to meet the regulatory reporting requirements and statutory filing requirements, including month-on-month variance analysis for submission to the regulator as required.
- Prepare monthly accounting entries in relation to corporate tax provisions, Expected Credit Loss provisions and CVA/DVA fair value adjustments; liaise with RMG and FMG in respect of any discrepancies against the General Ledger balances in a timely manner.
- Supervise the FMD team on proper maintenance of accounting records and the general ledger in order to ensure data integrity, accuracy and completeness of the Branch’s financial books. This includes the timely follow up and resolution of suspense / unreconciled items.
- Perform a checker role on daily financial management reports, bank reconciliations and payment processing in order to provide accurate and timely financial management information.
- Perform a checker role on regulatory compliance monitoring reports in order to ensure adherence to all regulatory limit requirements, including the assessment of adequacy of eligible assets for regulatory maintenance purposes and liaising promptly with Treasury to purchase Singapore Government Securities as and when required.
- Prepare relevant materials and coordinate monthly ALCO meetings to ensure effectiveness of ALCO meetings.
- Support the FMD team on other tasks that may be assigned by the Head of FMD from time to time, in order to ensure smooth operation of the department.
- Degree/Diploma Holder in Finance or Accounting or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in local regulatory and financial accounting in banking industry
- Member of professional accounting institution (e.g. ISCA, ACCA) is preferred but not required
- Good understanding of financial accounting theory/ practices and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Good understanding of product knowledge in financial instruments and their accounting treatments.
- Good knowledge of corporate tax requirements for banks.