Contractor, Network Engineer
- Singapour, Singapore
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 14 janv. 19
The Singapore GT Infrastructure team provides high quality support and project/change capability for all infrastructure components both in Singapore and across the Asia-Pacific region, working closely as part of the global team
As the Network Engineer at Schroders, your key responsibilities include:
- Daily support of LAN, WAN and firewall environments, including problem isolation and resolution, performances troubleshooting and monitoring, change management, incident management.
- Maintain, upgrade and ensure security patching of all equipment under management.
- Monitor and report network activity trends
- Maintain network documentations.
- Implement and support Cisco switches/routers, firewall and other security appliances.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment under management.
- Ensure proper network hardware and software refreshes.
- Project related work, as required.
- Be part of the technical level support and escalation of network related issues during and outside business hours.
- Operate in a global team to support the global networks estate
- Engage with the wider Schroders support teams in the management and resolution of major incidents and problems.
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- Open to consider a 12 months contract
- Degree graduate with 5-7 years of network experience
- Enjoys working in a team and preferably in a fast-changing mission-critical environment.
- Prior experience working in a financial services or similar regulated industry is an advantage
- Experienced supporting large, complex networking environments and working with managed service providers and outsourcers.
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- Routing & switching (e.g. BGP, OSPF and EIGRP, VTP, STP, VPC and OTV)
- Firewalls (e.g. Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Fortinet)
- Network appliances like Bluecoat proxies and Citrix Netscaler.
- Knowledge in voice is preferred e.g. Microsoft Lync.
- Knowledge in Video conferencing solutions preferred e.g. Polycom DMA/RMX, CMS.
- Knowledgeable in multiple system platforms and technology disciplines
- Demonstrate strong technical skills, problem solving, and the ability to learn and work quickly
- Ability to provide creative solutions to problems, demonstrating proactive approach through use of technology
- Certification in CCIE/CCNP/CCVP/CCDP is preferred