Controllers, Commodities Product Controller, Analyst, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
We are looking for highly motivated team player with passion in finance to support to the Global Market business. With the ever changing operating environment, you will have the opportunity to be work with teams around the globe in rolling out new products and implementing new systems in the firm. YOUR IMPACT
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Product Control is one of the largest departments within Controllers and supports Global Market across all asset classes: Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities, and Equities.
Its main responsibilities are to produce and analyze the daily trading activities, to report the trading divisions' profits and losses and to verify the values of positions held by the trading desks, both cash and derivative. This role requires extensive liaison with the trading desks, the Risk Management Group and the Operations Teams, as well as with colleagues in Controllers. Product Controllers are expected to develop a good understanding of the products they monitor and of the strategies used by the trading desk to generate revenue for Goldman Sachs. The function has become increasingly technical in content and offers a challenging and interesting role, which would suit dynamic, bright and ambitious individuals with a drive to succeed. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Intelligently monitor the trading activity; highlight and report unusual activity.
- To be fully informed of all developments and issues in their trading areas.
- Interact with traders and their management.
- Liaise with Operations in problem solving capacity.
- Assess risk inherent in trading positions, whether market, compliance or reputational risk etc.
- Prepare daily P&L's for trading desks, involving pricing reviews to ensure reasonable valuation of inventory, and substantial use of the firm's accounting systems.
- Perform independent price verification on trading inventories.
- Month-end procedures preparing accounts for posting to the firm's general ledger.
- Work and drive innovation-related initiatives, including workflow automation and data analytics projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Possess strong interest in financial products and market awareness.
- Strong communication skill
- Team player
- Strong character and control mindset, able to work under pressure
- Analytical and good problem solving skills
- Self confidence to interact with demanding internal clients
- Excellent PC skills (particularly Excel) and highly numerate
- Proactive and willing to take on extra responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience in programming, such as Python will be advantageous
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity