Controllers, Investment Accounting, Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Would you like to utilize and build your accounting and finance knowledge as a controller supporting the principal and alternatives investment strategies of Goldman Sachs? We are looking for a team player with strong accounting and/or product knowledge and a passion in finance to support the Merchant Banking Division which primarily focus on the long term investment objectives of the firm. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures. Through careful consideration and analyses of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth. RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Month-end procedures preparing financial statements for posting to the firm's general ledger.
• Maintenance of the firm investment entities' books and records.
• Financial and regulatory reporting and ensuring it is of high quality and meets the applicable accounting standards (e.g. USGAAP and IFRS), tax and other regulations.
• Have a strong sense of control and ensure control standards are maintained and documented.
• Conduct reviews of transactions for accounting treatment, funding and control considerations across various asset classes.
• Work and drive innovation-related initiatives, including workflow automation and data analytics projects
• Work effectively with the Business and other Federation teams, including Operations, Risk, Tax, Technology and Treasury.
• Collaborate with other divisions to ensure compliance and proper risk management as well as capital adequacy and funding for firm's investing structures QUALIFICATIONS:
• Qualified accountant preferred
• Working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the audit or finance field
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong confident character, team player control mindset and able to work under pressure
• Excellent PC skills and highly numerate
• Proven time management and organization skills
• Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
• Willing to take on extra responsibilities ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity