Corporate Bank Technology - APAC SWAT Team - Engineer - AVP/Associate
Position Overview About Corporate Bank Technology
Corporate Banking is a technology centric business, with an increasing move to real-time processing, an increasing appetite from customers for integrated systems and access to supporting data. This means that technology is more important than ever for the business.
Deutsche Bank is one of the few banks with the scale and network to compete aggressively in this space, and the breadth of investment in this area is unmatched by our peers. Joining the team is a unique opportunity to help rebuild the core of some of our most mission critical processing systems from the ground-up.
Our Corporate Bank Technology team is a global team of 3000 coders (and growing!) across 30 countries. The primary businesses that Corporate Bank support are Cash Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Trust & Agency Services. CB Technology support these businesses through CIO aligned teams and also by 'horizontals' such as Client Connectivity, Surveillance and Regulatory, Infrastructure, Architecture, Production, and Risk & Control. About Our Engineers
Our Engineers work on a diverse range of solutions using cutting-edge technology every day, including our award-winning platforms like Autobahn, Fabric, Glue, and more.
Our Technology strategy is designed to build new revenue streams and develop innovative ideas which produce a new competitive advantage for the Bank, whilst also fixing our foundations and focusing on the importance of stability and risk management. Corporate Bank Technology understands the client's needs and has a robust strategy and innovative approach to deliver. About the Team Securities Services:
Securities Services Technology is responsible for the development for securities services in custody and fund business for institutional investors Your Role
Skills You'll Need
- Developing new technology applications in partnership with Business and Operations stakeholders to transform the GTB business.
- Working with amazing people in a cross disciplined team, collaborating with Functional Analysts, Testers & UX Designers.
- Shaping the future of our technology stack and applying it innovatively to solve complex problems.
- You will value a software craftsmanship approach to software development, taking pride in well-crafted software that steadily adds value.
- Designing and developing source code, including descriptions, for all software components, in accordance with detailed software requirements specification, the functional design and the technical design document
- Embracing automated unit/integration testing as a standard development practice.
- Promoting a DevOps culture and modern tool chains to support continuous delivery.
- Working with and being mentored by excellent senior engineers.
- Active and contributing member of an Agile Scrum team
Success Factors for Engineers in CB Tech
- You are a passionate engineer.
- Significant prior experience with Java, preferably with near real time event based systems.
- Strong server-side Java development skills.
- Significant prior experience working with XP practices and Agile software methodologies.
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining complex applications using TDD and BDD practices.
- Ability to develop reusable and performant Java aligned with good architectural and design principles.
- Experience building message driven applications.
- Desirable to have experience with data streaming and processing technologies (Kafka & Flink)
- Practical experience with modern DevOps build chains and CI/CD tools (Maven, Gradle, Git, Jenkins or TeamCity).
- Have experience of deployment to container environments (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Working knowledge of building Microservices.with REST APIs.
What We Offer You
- Someone who sets the standard for excellence in their role as an engineer
- Talented individuals who are creative, innovative, and passionate about doing exciting and important work
- People who make wise decisions, despite ambiguity, be it people, technical, business, other
- People who treat others with respect at all times, independent of their status
- An engineer who considers quality as a priority, and think about the client whilst developing for our future
- High-value persons who have a desire make an impact
- Individuals who have a desire of self-improvement through experience, observation, introspection, reading and discussion
- Individuals who accomplish amazing amounts of important work
- Someone who seeks to understand our strategy, our business, the market and our clients
- A person who challenges assumptions when warranted and makes suggestions for better approaches
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.