Cyber Incident Response & Management Analyst
- Jan 14, 2022
Incident Management role to take charge of Information Security events and incidents as they occur and co-ordinate and work collaboratively with colleagues across the business to resolution. Your background
What you will do
- Proven experience handling Information Security related events and incidents
- Experience in an operations focused role with an emphasis on incident response
- Demonstrable experience in the coordination of containment activities related to cyber security incidents
- Familiarity with security vulnerabilities exploits and APT tools, techniques and procedures
- Familiarity with network security vulnerabilities, exploits, malware and digital forensics desirable
- An excellent communicator who can adapt to their audience
- Decisive and can make difficult decisions in what can be a high pressure environment
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and take action without causing an undue delay
- Supportive and can work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a strong team-orientated environment with a sense of urgency and resilience
- Must be able to think outside the box and develop solutions to accomplish seemingly impossible tasks whilst remaining risk and objective focused
- Establish oversight of information security events and incidents and communicate analysis, containment and remediation efforts to all business partners.
- Incident response and recovery plans will be available to use and should be maintained by the team. Any issues that require management escalation will be expected to be completed in a timely manner including all appropriate information in relation to risk and action times.
- The Incident Manager will be expected to provide status updates and post-incident reports for executives and stakeholders in non-technical terms encompassing risk, impact, likelihood, containment and remediation activities and threat actors.
- Risk management including briefing and recommending actions to executive leadership within Global Information Security and other business partners on events and incidents
- The incident manager will be part of a global 24/7 rotation and there is a requirement to work 8-10 weekends per year on an on-call basis as a primary contact and 8-10 weekends as a secondary contact. There will also be a requirement to cover the majority of US holidays.
If you are interested in this position, please click "Apply Now" and we will review your qualifications & reach out to you for further discussion & next steps. You can also email me at email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1876903