Cyber Threat investigator to identify potential threats, security vulnerability management & Incident Response
Role and responsibilities
- Expand the scope of IT assets addressed by the operational vulnerability management process in order that scanning and analysis are performed for all digital services.
- Provide InfoSec risk and threat analysis and be able to justify vulnerability and threat characterisations when challenged.
- Strengthen the dexterity of security logging and monitoring such that logging and monitoring enable insight into application behaviour as well as general IT infrastructure.
- Find back doors and miss-direct attackers by taking a view of vulnerability over and above the output of vulnerability scanners and pen test tools and by managing, maintaining and monitoring cyber HONEY POTS.
- Act as a leader promoting the adoption and use of the MITRE and STRIDE frameworks across the Security Operations team globally.
- Demonstrate significant experience in IT security and IT infrastructure security, security vulnerability management and cyber threat hunting.
- Be educated to at least degree level ideally in Computing Science or Information Security or Cyber Security.
- Be familiar with log analysis/data analysis tools like ELK and be able to leverage such tools to accelerate the analysis of a suspect security incident.
- Demonstrate energy and tenacity and the ability to deliver threat and vulnerability analysis in time-critical and sometimes demanding situations.
- Have an implicit sense of placing technology and data risk in a business context by pro-actively developing a sound understanding of how the business harnesses data and technology as well as the forensics of cyber security.
If you are interested in this position, please click "Apply Now" and we will review your qualifications & reach out to you for further discussion & next steps.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1876903