Cybersecurity Intelligence Group - Fraud Intelligence Analyst / Senior Analyst
The Cybersecurity & TechnologyControls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, accessmanagement, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively andstrategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable themto design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes andsolutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group'snumber one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stableand resilient.
As an experienced professional in our cybersecurityorganization, you won't just be watching over our data - you'll be findinginnovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead ahighly motivated team focused on analyzing, designing, developing anddelivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations.You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, advise on best practicesand support our business and technology groups. By taking the lead on incidentresponse, risk reviews, vulnerability assessments and identifying threats,you'll help us deliver cost-effective solutions that put our clients first. You'lldeploy best practices, new policies and emerging trends to strengthen ourstrategic roadmap. By presenting your findings to senior leaders, you'llsharpen your communication and presentation skills. As part of our global teamof technologists and innovators, your work will have a critical impact on ourcompany, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Cybersecurity Intelligence Group(CIG) holds the global mandate for JPMorgan Chase's cyber intelligencecollection, analysis, and dissemination of finished products to JPMorganChase's population of security operations teams, information technology teams,lines of business and overall executive decision makers.
CIG plays an integral role in theintelligence driven defense of JPMC. This team is responsible for externalengagement with peer groups and information security circles regarding cyberthreats, to address events such as intrusions, malware, DDoS, unauthorizedaccess, insider attacks and loss of proprietary information. This includesdeveloping a deep understanding of global threat actors.
CIG Senior Analysts provideintelligence support to Cybersecurity Operations investigations and shouldpossess qualities such as a sharp intellect, an eye for detail, a highanalytical capability and a good technical/cyber underpinning. CIG SeniorAnalysts are able to work autonomously, using sound judgment to decide whichleads to pursue and prioritize investigations and workload accordingly. Aninterest in cyber, current affairs and technology is essential.
As a CIG Senior Analyst, you willwork closely with the team and with partners across Cybersecurity Operations.You will build a thorough understanding of Global Cybersecurity and TechnologyControls (CTC) at the firm in order to provide high impact intelligence toprotect the firm. Prior experience in investment banking, asset management,consumer and/or commercial banking, will put you at a distinct advantage.
The candidate will also need tolearn to use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of thesesystems are subject to enhanced screening, which includes both criminal andcredit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time ofaccepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhancedscreening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employmentor assignment.
This role requires the followingessential qualifications and capabilities:
• Strong demonstrable knowledge of Cybercrime, cyber enabledfraud and an understanding of the principles of intelligence gathering andanalysis.
• Demonstrable experience in analyzing fraud including astrong investigative mindset and the ability to apply critical thinking skillsin a past paced environment
• Can take the lead if required and make decisions to directoperational resources during real time cyber fraud related incidents.
• Exposure to or an understanding of online organized crimegroups and criminal markets, phishing, virtual currencies and other electroniccrimes as they relate to cyber or technology enabled fraud.
• Skills in open and closed source research or intelligencegathering and analysis, relationship building, confidently presenting your ideas,building and maintaining contacts in the business and wider industry will bekey to success in the role.
• Experience in analyzing largevolumes of data including to develop actionable intelligence, conducting root causeand deep-dive analysis of complex problems, and in using visual analysissoftware such as i2 analyst notebook.
• Passionate about technology and not afraid to learn newtechnical skills, particularly as they relate to data mining and analysis andin developing an understanding of how sophisticated cyber fraud attempts takeplace.
• Can mentor analysts in the team leveraging previousexperience.
• Ability to produce written intelligence reports andassessments related to cyber fraud initiatives with little to no oversight.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; abilityto understand complex problems while presenting them in a manner that is easilyunderstood.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Significant experience working in an intelligence role suchas for a government or law enforcement agency, or in an intelligence driveninvestigation or cyber fraud prevention role is highly desirable.
• High level of proficiency in reading and writing Mandarin,ideally including the ability to read and understand Mandarin internet slangand regulatory documents in Mandarin. This is required as this individual willcover cyber fraud intelligence and brand protection initiatives within theChinese speaking parts of the APAC region. Ability in any other Chinesedialects or APAC languages would be a bonus.
• F amiliarity with financial services industry terms, productsand services particularly as they relate to the movement of money such aselectronic payment systems is desirable.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.