Data Centre Manager, Vice President
The candidate will perform management responsibilities as a Data Centre Manager who provides day-to-day oversight and leadership towards the data centre operations and facilities.
- Provide leadership to the team with a broad set of responsibilities; manage and strategize activities with outcome-based focus on continuous improvement
- Manage vendors and contractors to obtain maximum effectiveness and efficiency (safety, cost, equipment longevity, and reliability) and to maintain the Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) infrastructure per industrial best practices
- Work with regional management staff to leverage existing operational procedures and reference materials to expedite implementation, standardize operational methodologies, and facilitate best practices in areas of common interest and business focus
- Ensure the delivery of 24x7 service operations, establishing metrics, KPIs, physical security and process improvement/automation to continually improve the performance of DC. This includes adherence of the service delivery, service support and physical security according to the policy and standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Manage training program and uplifting the overall staff development and domain expertise
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of Data Centre operations and facilities experience with 5 years in regional supervisory/management role
- Demonstrate strong management and leadership skills to manage the Data Centre facility management as well as Data Centre operations - People, Process, Technology
- Has strong in-depth knowledge in both Data Centre facility management & operations; prior experience in large scale of DC migration/relocation/consolidation or driving next generation DC Strategy & Consolidation roadmap is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Data Centre critical systems, including diesel generators, UPS systems, fuel systems, switchgear, power distribution equipment, chillers, computer room air handlers, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring system
- Demonstrate strong skills to drive consistency of Data Centre standards across regional
- Good experience in process and Data Centre automation for productivity improvement
- Team player with excellent consultative and communications skills and the proven ability to work effectively with internal and external IT/Non-IT stakeholders, vendors & consultants