Data Centre Project Manager - Foundational Infrastructure
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasis integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Core Engineering provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Looking for a hands-on versatile senior Data Centre leader based in Singapore whom can cover the breadth of Data Centre management from creating APAC regional Data Centre Strategy
• Collecting and analyzing application workloads; road maps; resiliency and strategies
• Developing the high level project budgets to presenting the strategy for sign off by senior management and finally running the implementation of the strategy from data center selections through to application migrations and eventual hand over to operational DC team
• This initial scope of work is seen as a multi year effort which may eventually evolve into Data Centre Management
• Project Management or Resiliency responsibilities across APAC SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Familiarity with Financial Markets technology (infrastructure)
• Senior-level Project Management skills ideally in the Data Centre build / migration space
• Experience in the APAC Data Centre markets and familiarity with APAC Data Centre strategies
• Experience selecting Data Centers and implementing Data Centre build outs in APAC.
• Experience dealing with the broad Application suite used across Financial Institutions
• Experience dealing with Application Development teams
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Experience operating independently
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills Preferred Qualifications
• Broad understanding of Application resiliency models
• Broad understanding of Application Infrastructure components (compute, storage, connectivity, dependencies)
• Broad understanding of Resiliency failover methodologies and processes
• Strong Analytical skills
• Mandarin and/or Japanese language skills ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.