Data Transformation Analyst II
The Midstream Researcher is part of the Midstream Global Team and is responsible for energy infrastructure and facilities data research & analysis in Asia with particular focus in Southeast Asia.
May be responsible for one or more aspects of researching and evaluating global information relating to the entire value chain:
General Job Duties:
- Research/analyze, interpret and manage information relevant to the industry and adjacent sectors (e.g. service, contracting)
- Utilize primary-source information to populate and maintain core IHS Markit's databases
- Establish and nurture a broad-ranging network of sources and contacts
Specific Job Duties:
- Actively develops a good understanding of selected industries in assigned countries/regions
- Proactive technical research utilizing a diverse range of tools and sources
- Can process, derive and integrate new information
- May begin to interact with clients, with close supervision on areas of focus and expertise
- Takes initiative in defining and solving complicated problems
- Develops understanding of the corporate business model
- Influences the value delivered to clients contributing to the quality of the team's output
- Interface with other experts in the region to ensure consistency in IHS Markit's research across different markets and functional areas
- Respond to client requests
- Undertake specific regional research projects as defined by regional manager
- Answer complex internal or external customer questions
- Responsible for an effective and consistent procedure of data sourcing, matching, validating and processing in assigned countries
- Responsible for the quality of our Energy Infrastructure and Markets (Midstream) Database for assigned countries in Asia or any other area when business required
- Maintain and expand a comprehensive list of data sources in assigned countries. This may involve travelling and regular phone calls
- Assist in answering internal and external clients enquires. This may involve travelling and webex presentations
- Liaise with internal clients or users and support them with data queries and research on selected subjects
- University degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly related experience required
- The ideal candidate would have an energy sector related experience
- Data research experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English. Capabilities of speaking and reading Bahasa Indonesia or Vietnamese is a definite advantage.
- ArcGIS, geographical and spatial analysis experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to physically perform general office requirements.
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Occasional travel
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.