Deputy Head, Enterprise Portfolio Mgmt Office
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Own and drive the Investment Governance Framework bank wide, simultaneously enhancing the current framework and also defining a new prioritisation and delivery framework, with associated agile capabilities, to govern client journeys.
- Responsibility for creating and maintaining the Project Management Standards Guidelines, Client Journey Management Standards and supporting processes and procedures to ensure adherence to the Project Governance Policy.
- Lead the adoption of excellent project governance for all Portfolios, Programmes and Client Journeys in line with the Group Project Governance Policy.
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment to apply both industry and bank-wide, best practices and lessons learnt to Portfolio, Programmes and Projects.
- Install and promote a culture of innovation within the investment community.
- A commitment to ensuring feedback from key stakeholders is acted upon and incorporated into the future direction of the bank.
- Question the approach and decisions of key governance forums with the view of are they in line with the strategic goals of the Bank
- Commit to a strong working relationship with external stakeholders (GIA, Operational Risk, Testing Quality Assurance and Technology Delivery Assurance)
- Build management capabilities at Group and Portfolio levels, drive compliance with standards across the Bank via impactful engagement with the COO & Portfolio communities.
- Act as a trusted advisor to Portfolios and Programmes with regard to implementing the Group Project Governance Policy, Project Management Standards, Client Journey Management Standards and procedures.
- Participate as an active member of Portfolio and Client Journey Review Committees, provide guidance and thought leadership in relation to project/programme/portfolio governance, be proficient at providing robust challenge where required and influencing C-level stakeholders in their decision-making process.
- Maintain a strong and proactive working relationship with Business, Functional and Regional COOs to understand their Portfolio priorities and investments.
- Represent the ePMO function in meetings with internal and external parties (Group Internal Audit, regulators, auditors etc) relating to governance and Project Management Standards.
People and Talent
- Accountable for the strategic advancement of Project, Programme and Portfolio Standards across the Bank. Drive excellence in project governance by developing frameworks, capabilities and tools, act as a subject matter expert in ensuring their consistent application and compliance. Act as the catalyst developing new frameworks & governance to support the Bank's pivot to customer journeys via agile deliveries.
- Proactively identify emerging trends and systemic issues through the analysis of Portfolio metrics, Health Checks and other data sources and use this to enhance governance and assurance policies across the Bank.
- Drive the strategic agenda for the Group Portfolio Review Committee, Management Team and Management Business Review meetings. Ensure Portfolios understand requirements and submit relevant inputs in a timely manner.
- Continuously review the scope and operating model of the ePMO to maximize value to the Bank.
- Drive the continuous improvement of existing Project infrastructure including Clarity, Jira and Tableau to meet the needs of Portfolios, whilst also exploring emerging products available on the market to ensure the Bank utilises an optimal product suite for Investment Governance.
- Implement best practice through coaching and training of Portfolio and Programme AEs, Client Journey Owners and Chief Product Owners, Portfolio Managers and PMOs.
- Continuously seek opportunities for improvement within role, processes, and team.
- Keep up to date with industry best practice.
- Promote a culture of innovation across ePMO teams in KL and Singapore.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members to reach their full potential. Work with each team member to jointly agree a learning plan and monitor progress throughout the year, securing resources where required to assist with reaching goals, and agreeing any course corrections as the year progresses.
- Identify key issues based on the analysis gathered for each suggested process change and put in place appropriate controls and measures to ensure no overall increase in operational risk for any changes to business processes.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure that all process changes adhere to the principles of Project Management Standards (PMS), Client Journey Management Standards (CJMS) and all associated policies and procedures.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the ePMO team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group PRC, Management Team,
- External Regulators and Board
- Portfolio Review Committees, Portfolio AEs, Portfolio Managers and their PMO teams
- Client Journey Stakeholders (Monthly Performance Review/Quarterly Performance Review attendees, Chief Product Owners, Journey Owners)
- Management Business Review Stakeholders
- Strategic (Top Investment) Programme PgSCs, PgAEs, PgMs and their Programme PMOs
- Business, Function and Regional COOs, CIOs and CFOs.
- Investment Finance
- Group Operational Risk
- Group Internal Audit
- ITO Delivery teams and helpdesks supporting ePMO owned products (Clarity, Tableau)
- Classic and Agile Project Management Community
- Detailed knowledge and experience in project delivery, and project, programme and portfolio management and governance
- Demonstrated track record of driving a strategic change agenda in complex matrix organisations
- Experience of different life-cycles including Classic/Waterfall and Agile.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills with ability to adjust communication & influencing styles depending on type of target audience.
- Ability to work across Business, Functional and Regional Portfolios at various levels; experience interacting with and influencing C-level stakeholders
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive.
- All round knowledge of banking industry and the associated compliance and regulatory constraints
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills.
- Certifications / qualifications in project/programme/portfolio/process management
- Knowledge of Clarity, Tableau and JIRA is preferable.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.