Desktop Apps Engineer
At Goldman Sachs, Digital Workplace Engineering is leading our adoption of new technologies for communications and collaboration. Our innovation in web, mobile, social, collaboration and user experience is changing the way we interact with our clients and with each other.
We are looking for an experienced engineer focused on Desktop Applications and Data Risk Management (DRM). The candidate will work with global teams to deliver solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, engineers, compliance, and risk teams. Responsibilities include implementing and supporting Desktop Applications such as Microsoft Office and DRM solutions for the firm such as Azure Information Protection rules. The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of experience in these areas of technology. How will you fulfill your potential?
- Engineer and implement productivity solutions in coordination with global, cross-functional teams
- Liaise and coordinate team response with internal \ external Risk teams on application security topics
- Act as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd level support teams, as well as other engineering teams, and assist during incidents
- Thorough knowledge of configuring, deploying, supporting and upgrading Microsoft Office applications, Adobe suites, browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox).
- Significant experience with application administration, policy configuration and troubleshooting skills on Microsoft Windows OS.
- Experience on migrating applications from on-premise to cloud solutions, i.e. M365 apps.
- Experience on various enterprise software management products: WSUS, SCCM/MECM, Group Policy, Intune
- Experience with one or more scripting technologies: PowerShell, Python, SQL
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of rights management solutions.
- Strong communication skills, transparency, and ownership
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with quick learning in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with VDI (Citrix, View, RDS), Virtualization (Hyper V, vSphere)
- Experience with implementing a data classification solution in M365 Security and Compliance tools or Titus Classification
- 3+ years experience in configuration and management of Azure Information Protection and Data Leakage Prevention policies
- Experience with building complex regular expressions
- Understand modern networking technologies and how they operate
- Experience with M365 power apps\power automate
- Building and maintaining license and entitlement workflows
The candidate is expected to identify, execute, and document solutions in line with the product roadmap. The candidate must have knowledge in managing desktop application environments including managing policies (GPO/GPP), installation and packaging platforms, and deploying products and security patching. For Data Risk Management, the candidate must be able to design and deploy solutions utilizing labels for data classification and data leakage protection with Microsoft and Titus products. In addition to technical solutions design, be able to articulate and explain these concepts to various stakeholders and train other team members as required. Project Engineering Work
- Responsible for the "how" of project, you are the owner of your project and tasks to accomplish the work.
- Manage expectations of deliverables with product management
- Collaborate within the team and with key stakeholders outside of engineering on design and testing of solutions
- Work across various engineering teams to engineer and deploy a solution
- Document processes and design in conjunction with the product manager and engineering manager
- 3rd Level Support
- On call ROTA rotation approximately every 6-8 weeks (schedule is subject to change)
- 12x7 coverage for US region 8 am - 8 pm EST coverage during week of on call (hours are subject to change)
- Manage support DL for alerts and requests from Level1/Level2 Teams
- Training and Mentoring
- Train and mentor team on product expertise.
- Become SME in your product space