Desktop Engineer (IT Asset Management)
Job Description: Responsibilities:
- Maintain the accuracy inventory data, tracking, and maintenance of information associated with IT hardware within contracted service levels at the account.
- Responsible for asset tagging and ensure all assets are tagged following company policy
- Prepare asset management process to handle asset lifecycle from Procurement to disposal
- Review and improve Asset management process and procedures periodically and ensure all relevant team is following the procedure and procedure
- Prepare weekly and monthly report of Asset Management activity and progress including updating of the inventory list
- Reconcile asset inventory report with the Finance report and automated tool report
- Perform monthly/annual sample audit to improve the asset accuracy
- Plan and manage yearly asset verification exercise and signoff from user
- Coordinate with the Field Services team to update the asset inventory when there is any deployment/changes to asset data
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to desktop support, mobile device management, Video Conferencing support
- Must possess the proven ability to install and configure new IT equipment, perform PC Refresh, deploy new hire installs of equipment, PC moves, retirement and pickup of devices set for retirement. Wipe drives with proper chain of custody and inventory management.
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware. Installation of new equipment for customers, such as new monitors, docking stations, or keyboards. May also include diagnoses and resolving software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows 7/10) and across a range of software applications on the client machine (Office applications, Outlook, Skype for Business, etc.).
- Professionalism when resolving service delivery and client issues in a timely manner
- Attending and participating in regularly scheduled team meetings, development training, and other meetings as needed
- In-depth knowledge of IT Asset Management
- Excellent and accurate documentation skills.
- Ability to quickly absorb and retain information keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task in a fast-paced/demanding environment.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team with minimal supervision
- Must be a highly motivated individual that can work as part of a team to accomplish goals
- Good understanding of Windows operating system troubleshooting
- Diploma or Degree in IT / IS discipline or equivalent
- At Least 3 years of related IT experience
- ITIL certification preferred.