Digital Onboarding App Development Sr Manager - Singapore
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speeds and we are looking for talented technologists to help build the future of Citi Global wealth. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe - we are changing the way we onboard our clients across the Private Bank. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of a worldwide transformation to a future state global client onboarding platform. As a part of Digital onboarding program, Citi Global Wealth Technology is looking for a Senior Development Manager for architecting and developing the next generation onboarding platform globally, wealth integration, strategic solutioning and tactical quick wins. This is a key leadership role to define how the new Digital onboarding platform will cater to seamless onboarding for clients across wealth sectors. This position is responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities. Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in defining the end-to-end solution architecture of the new Global Wealth client onboarding platform ecosystem, target state and transition states, operations for reaching target state and rationale and implementation roadmap.
- Manage business expectations and formulate technology solutions to address these requirements.
- Define solutions and lay the foundation for end state digital onboarding/account opening process, Suitability process and Account opening/Maintenance process.
- Ownership of key technology decisions, benefits, technology stack selection to support the new platform, integration strategy with other CGW systems.
- Foster a culture of engineering excellence by adoption of modern engineering practices, open-source technologies, collaboration and efficiency.
- Manage one or more Applications Development teams in an effort to accomplish established goals as well as conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
- Review and analyze proposed technical solutions for projects
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for applications development and other functional areas
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual data in complicated and unique situations
- Impact the Applications Development area through monitoring delivery of end results, participate in budget management, and handling day-to-day staff, management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards negotiating with external parties when necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 12-16 years of relevant experience as Applications Development Manager in Private Banking / Wealth Management / Client Onboarding
- Senior tech specialist with strong technical ability (architecture, design and development) with expertise in Java/J2EE app development
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Mongo, in memory distributed caches like Hazelcast/Gemfire will be an advantage
- Has experience in working on complex and medium to large scale projects.
- Person should have good understanding of SDLC and flair to follow the processes.
- Strong in Engineering Excellence practices with experience in DevOps and CI/CD practices
- Ability to manage team of 30-50 people
- Good working knowledge of Rules Engine, Vaadin (UI Framework), Angular, Kotlin, Scala and Akka.
- Having functional knowledge around Private Banking Client Onboarding, KYC and Account Opening space.
- Web application development using Java/J2EE/Angular JS / Spring.
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting