Digital Software Engineer Group Manager
The Digital S/W Engineer Group Mgr is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Overall Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to attract senior talent and multiple functions from inside and outside of company. Teach others how to set high organizational performance standards, determine performance measures and goals and establish a leadership bar. This will require the ability to facilitate understanding of broader organizational tenets and strategic goals for department
- Recognize trends for larger-scale development needs within and across teams and builds plans to develop skills. Share talent development best practices across organization
- Audit department goals to ensure alignment with broader organizational goals and that these goals are aligned with and accountable for department performance against goals
- Develop and communicate department vision that supports the broader organizational vision; ensure team culture consistently demonstrates alignment with leadership principles; and visibly ties department decisions to leadership principles and tenets
- Lead the development, implementation, and delivery of successful large-scale, critical and/or difficult software efforts involving significant work (can be new software or a refactor of existing software). Heavily influence the development and write a significant portion of the "critical-path" code.
- Think in terms of architecture, not just code. Have detailed knowledge of the work done by your team and proactively work to improve consistency and integration between your software and related software (owned by other teams).
- Influence your team's technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach. You take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems, architecture deficiencies, or areas where your team's software bottlenecks the innovation of other teams. Make software simpler.
- Able to communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. Harmonize discordant views and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus).
- Lead design reviews for your team and actively participate in design reviews of related software or other team software at your location.
- Code, development and implementation decisions set a great example to others. Provide insightful code reviews and take ownership of outcome. ("You 'ship it', you own it.") Work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things.
- Demonstrate technical influence over 3-4 teams, either via a collaborative software effort or by increasing their productivity and effectiveness by driving software engineering best practices (e.g., Security, Quality, Operational Excellence, etc.).
- Actively participate in the hiring process as well as mentor others - improving their skills, their knowledge of your software, and their ability to get things done
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a product line management, e-commerce, and/or strategic planning role. At least 5 years of experience managing communications with senior executives in an organization.
- Strong communication skills including engaging senior management on strategic plans, leading project steering committees and status updates
- Significant experience building complex business and/or transactional models.
- Has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products / services in a high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly.
- Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- First-class leadership and influencing skills, including experience managing a Tech Team
- Demonstrated interpersonal and talent management skills, including the ability to identify and develop product management talent.
- Excellent organizational, partner and vendor management, negotiation and prioritization skills.
- Experience in Bank/Financial institution system would be favorable in the domain of Rewards, Offers and/or Loyalty management.
- Proven leadership in delivering complex projects including web/mobile/API/workflow/database technologies spanning multiple countries and working with teams in varied locations.
- Must be goal driven and able to creatively identify ways to deliver while managing a healthy relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to maintain calm under time-critical and stressful scenarios and come up with creative ways to unblock teams.
- Experience with development and socializing of business case and conducting product roadshow.
- Experience in team management with minimum team size of 20+ members.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This role is a senior level position in Citi Digital Asia/EMEA Technology team responsible for accomplishing results in the domain of Rewards, Offers and Loyalty through the management of a team in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs. Domain Responsibilities:
- Coordinate end to end activities in the domain of Digital Rewards/Offers and Loyalty from front end to core banking systems
- Work with business team to evaluate and onboard merchant offer partnerships along with associated improvement in business and system process
- Deliver next generation platform for Digital Rewards/Offers and Loyalty for key digital channels including Mobile, Internet in the bank across all countries
- Create and present business cases where required to fund the initiatives
- Drive proof of concept across Mobile/web technologies to access new solutions/application paths
- Manage stakeholder communication with business and technology senior management
- Drive vendor partner negotiations and manage the relationships
- Drive adoption of common delivery framework across technology area of Mobile/web/micro services/workflows
- Ensure high level of engineering standard is maintained and right opportunities are provided to the team for upskilling and cross skilling
- Manage a team of highly motivated managers, designers and developers drawn from our strategic partners and Citi staff based in multiple geographical locations.
- Manage and track resources, review works to ensure high quality job to achieve customer satisfaction and service commitments
- Provide leadership, development opportunities, performance management, development and succession-planning, staff communications, and positive interactive working environment to ensure the highest productivity and employee engagement
- Adhere to the Citigroup's compliance standards and ensure compliance for the applications managed
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .