Director, EM Asia Macro Analyst
Description About this role
We are looking to hire an Emerging Markets Asia Macro Analyst with some Portfolio Management experience to join our expanding Asian Fixed Income team. Based in Singapore, the role is primarily responsible for analyzing regional economies with a focus on recommending and implementing investable ideas across FX, rates and hard currency bonds. Working closely with other Macro analysts, this role will also work with the Portfolio Manager to construct portfolios and manage risk budgets for both local and global investment teams . Key Responsibilities:
- Generation and Implementation of views on local markets including (but not limited to): FX, duration, curve, and country allocation view
- Collaborate with local and global PMs on investment ideas for coverage universe
- Contribute to the implementation and management of portfolio risk
- Identify macro, technical and political themes and trends driving regional markets.
- Develop and maintain quantitative valuation tools and trading models
- Interact with sell-side analysts and other investment professionals on investment views and risks to regional economies
- Serve as a resource for, and share information with, other investment professionals at BlackRock
- Advanced degree in economics and/or finance with strong quantitative, statistic and analytical background.
- At least 8 years of working experience on economic and macro analysis with a focus on the EM Asia region
- A track record of generating alpha in local currency markets
- Ability to program in Python and/or R preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and a strong ability to engage with colleagues both within and across time zones
- Inquisitive nature, driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process and in assessing investment opportunities across markets
As many of our funds invest in onshore China, Mandarin skills are highly regarded
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.