Director, Global Head Infrastructure Build & ASPAC Delivery
The IT Senior Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business. Responsibilities:
- Ensures managed areas are defining and implementing systems that are aligned with business strategy and goals.
- Resolves a variety of broad based and complex issues. Applies a broad and comprehensive understanding in multiple functional areas as well as underlying business principles.
- Demonstrates an in depth understanding of how own sub function integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources.
- Impacts the technology sub function by strategic influence and by exercising control over resources, budget management and planning; accountable for end results.
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); may communicate with external parties.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience in multiple technology disciplines with extensive experience in business, functional and people management.
- Budget management, Risk & Control management, influencing skills
- Managerial experience
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
- Large scale data center migrations
- Asset Optimization/Cloud Adoption: Involves adoption of strategic Cloud platforms leveraging Cloud solutions such as Infrastructure as a Service, Database as a Service, Platform as a Service and Storage as a Service.
- Project planning, execution, and control for risk initiatives
- Manage large, transformative initiatives that impact multiple LOBs and/or products
- Identification of risks which impact program and project deliverables with follow through on mitigation, resolution and path to green.
- Closely monitor project progress and ensure timely completion
- Adhere to Citigroup project management processes and procedures.
- Development of senior leadership presentations. Direct the communication of status and issues to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis
- End to End understanding of Data Center IT components that include End User Computing, Telephony/Voice, Network, Storage and Distributed systems. Mainframe is also required.
- Manage Server and Mainframe build functions with 24/7 staff
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .