Director / Associate Director- Tax, Transaction Liability Insurance (Asia)
Aon is currently recruiting a Director / Associate Director - Tax, Transaction Liability Insurance, Asia
to join our team in Singapore. About Aon
Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
At Aon, you'll be part of a team which will support and inspire you and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It's an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we'll empower results. The Opportunity
Aon is Asia's leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing. Aon's Transaction Liability ( TL
) Insurance team provides bespoke insurance solutions (namely Warranty & Indemnity Insurance) that give financial security to buyers and sellers in M&A transactions by transferring potential future liabilities to the insurance market.
Forming a critical part of Aon's regional specialty team and supporting the Head of Transactional Liability Insurance, Asia, you will be assisting in originating, managing and executing TL opportunities. This is achieved through engaging the internal Aon client service teams and external distribution channels (lawyers, investment banks, fund managers, accounting firms and private equity firms) to develop relationships and deliver TL solutions to clients and prospects. Responsibilities:
- Delivering tax solutions to clients and prospects and developing Aon Asia's technical expertise around tax insurance solutions for Asian transactions
- Delivering W&I insurance solutions to clients and prospects by creating own technical expertise around W&I insurance and other TL solutions
- Growing and maintaining strong relationships with insurance underwriters and the M&A deal community, including banks, law firms, accountancy firms, private equity houses and professional/industry groups
- Raising awareness of TL products through education of existing Aon clients and the M&A deal community by participating on panels, contributing articles to M&A and insurance related publications and generally becoming a thought leader in the TL sector
- Developing and implementing marketing plans and initiatives in conjunction with Aon marketing and business development teams
How to Apply
- Solid experience within an international/Pan-Asian tax environment from leading law / audit firms, preferably with knowledge around how M&A deals are conducted
- Some knowledge / experience on tax matters in the context of M&A transactions
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work with others under pressure and to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Will need to possess superior communication skills, both orally and in writing, and ability to effectively and confidently present to clients and other audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Can be based in Hong Kong or Singapore and be open to traveling within the region
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position. We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.