Director / Sr. Business Analyst, Data & Analytics
The Business Analyst (BA) role is part of Financial Accounting and Data Business Solutions Team which falls under the 'change the bank' function. This is a delivery focused role involved in the end to end project lifecycle from driving the technical solutioning during pre-project/CR phase to performing analysis/design and UAT support during project execution.
Technical domain experience, maturity, and ability to manage senior stakeholders are key prerequisites. Role is expected to work closely with business stakeholders, engineering, and project management team in the analysis of requirements and translating it to an IT solution for approval in solution review and architecture forums. Subsequently follow through into project execution in the ownership of functional specifications, UAT support and user stakeholder management. Key Responsibilities:
- Perform estimation of budget, resource requirements and timeline required for implementation of IT solutions to meet project objectives.
- Review if vendor augmentation is required and perform RFP and vendor evaluation as required.
- Produce and present Project Proposal (PP) to senior stakeholders to endorse plan and secure funding for project execution.
- Support Business Lead or Product Owner to facilitate and elicit requirements from business stakeholders for the purpose of producing Business Requirements Document (BRD) or User Stories.
- Lead discussions to propose IT solutions that meet business requirements
- Validate IT solutions with engineering and architecture teams, and ensure specifications are properly understood by rest of project delivery team.
- Present IT solution to business and IT stakeholders to explain how the solution addresses their business requirements
- Handover project to Project Manager (PM) for project execution.
- During project execution phase prepare Functional Specifications Document (FSD), in alignment to the Bank's IT landscape, along with delivery of Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Support project team during the execution phase of the project for any queries pertaining to the FSD or BRD or User Stories. Where necessary, re-engage business SMEs to revise requirements and/or for the acceptance of alternative solutions, due to design or implementation constraints encountered.
- Support Quality Assurance team to define the test strategy and approach and provide clarifications to queries during the testing phase, to both the Quality Assurance team and Business Testers during testing phases.
- Support Test Manager in the triaging of defects to categorize their criticality and prioritize defect fixing where necessary.
- Prepare training plans and user manuals; and conduct trainings to users before system launch and provide close support to system users in the adoption of the new system.
Possess hands-on domain experience in the areas of Data:
- Proficient in the formulation of data strategies and next gen capability build such as 'Data as a Service', CI/CD model pipeline management and AI/ML operationalization
- Hands-on solutioning and development work on technical stacks/components on Apache Hadoop/Spark based data platform like Cloudera CDP
- Data Science/Management with associated continuous integration tools, Machine Learning solutions and libraries primarily on python-based enterprise solution
- Server-based self-service visualization tools
- Solution or develop micro-services to serve data in decentralized architecture
- Prior experience on implementing data virtualization strategy would be an added advantage.
- Experience in data ingestion framework from Core ERP T24, Oracle ERP implementation and downstream data modeling to Financial Regulatory Reporting, MAS 610, FATCA, CRS etc. will be advantageous.
- At least 10-year experience as a Business Analyst or Solution Manager in a similar discipline.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, with strong ability to manage and align expectations of senior level business stakeholders across different business units to accept solutions proposed by project team.
- Proficient in the documentation of use cases, visual modeling, business processes.
- Good knowledge of system engineering concepts, data and information structures in an IT system environment including that of data modeling and database design appreciation.
- Possesses critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Project Management and Agile Methodology skills with strong delivery mindset, experience and certification preferred.
- Domain knowledge in big data discovery/management, data model design and tooling, financial regulatory reporting and expense management preferred.
- Degree in computer science or financial information systems discipline preferred