Dividend Research Analyst(Korean speaking)
Research analyst - Dividend Forecasting
IHS Markit Dividend Forecasting provides declared and forecast dividend amounts and payment schedules on close to 30,000 stocks globally. Dividend forecasts are generated through a combination of algorithms and detailed analyst research to provide the highest level of accuracy. Analysts use a range of inputs including fundamental analysis, market news, company guidance, historical observations and peer group trends to produce forecasts.
Dividend estimates are a key input used to price derivatives as well as for equity portfolio income projection. Our main customers include investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers and exchanges.
Research and analysis is done by our team of 40 analysts in 7 key financial centers around the world Position summary
The successful candidate will join our APAC dividend forecasting and research team. They will be responsible for monitoring and capturing dividend news, publishing updates to clients and answering questions from traders or investment managers directly.
They will estimate future payments on their portfolio of stocks, through analysis of company fundamentals and company news, providing supporting analysis to clients.
Analysts also write company and sector research for clients and collaborate with global teams on initiatives to improve our process efficiency or estimate accuracy. Duties & accountabilities
Education and experience
- Monitor stock market newswires for updates regarding the amount or timing of company distributions.
- Perform fundamental analysis of equities to provide forecasts for dividends on a portfolio of stocks.
- Forecast dividend payment schedules based on detailed analysis of historical patterns and market rules.
- Monitor financial and business news to assess the impact of events on companies and their dividends.
- Build good relationships with key contacts and investor relations departments at companies covered.
- Provide supporting analysis for estimates based on financial statements analysis and company news.
- Write ad-hoc single stock and sector commentary giving their view on expected dividend levels.
- Perform quality and tolerance checks on the information supplied to customers.
- Contribute to projects that improve our process and forecasting methodologies
- Candidates will be degree educated
- CFA or equivalent post-graduate study desirable
- Advanced working knowledge of main Microsoft Office programmes essential
- Prior experience with SQL, Python or VBA an advantage
- Korean speaking is a must
- Keen interest in financial news, market events and their implications for trading or investing
- Knowledge of financial statements, corporate actions and equity derivatives
- Proven ability to organise and self-manage, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management
- Record of managing multiple tasks in parallel, completing tasks with a high degree of accuracy and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, remaining calm in demanding circumstances
- Demonstrates positive attitude and problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confident speaking directly with customers, corporate contacts and senior management
- Strong report writing skills, with an ability to develop and present ideas with clarity
- A willingness to contribute to the continued development of the team and product
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve group goals and objectives
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Your colleagues About us
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence. Join us
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here. Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.