- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- OCBC Bank
End User Services – Support Engineer
End User Services – Support EngineerCandidate will be a very hands-on member of the support team responsible for PC desktop, laptop configuration, mobility technologies to enable common authentication and access frameworks, open collaboration, personal productivity, multi-channel communications and standard end points platform operating systems, and application support including Windows operating systems and software and other applications. This is an internal customer-facing role, and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, and customer service, along with excellent verbal communication skills.
In consultation with the Manager, the incumbent contributes to the efficient allocation of computer hardware and software resources, maintains business applications, and ensures the reliability and sustainability of information and communication resources.
Using effective communication, technical, and analytical skills to manages projects, provides technical support including maintenance and upgrading of resources, assigns staff to resolve operational issues, and, within delegated authority, supervises support personnel. In keeping with Bank values and competencies, the candidate requires to develops and maintains positive working relationships with all contacts internal and external to Bank.
Candidate will drive the development and refinement of the end user services function to ensure that the overall employee experience is one where the services are user-friendly, pro-active with a customer-first focus, and continually improving to be modern and digital ready.
Candidate will drive the modernization of the workplace environment to increase productivity and efficiency. This includes formulating and implement operation plans and managing projects/budget in line with the overall End User Services strategy.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office365, iOS and any other authorised desktop applications
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Customize desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards
- Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements
- Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that has authorized access to the network
- When the restoration is beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment the engineers will escalate the issue/problem to proper tier 3 support team member
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers, and administrative systems
- Develop trends by monitoring and analysing incoming calls, problems and support requests
- Track and communicate operational metrics to identify process improvement opportunities
- Ensure businesses are aligned with IT processes and are utilizing the appropriate support and management tools
- Review/Analyze activity, utilization, and performance reports (e.g. Manpower, KPIs, software, hardware, etc.) on regular basis for area of responsibility
- University degree in the field of computer science and/or 4 years' equivalent work experience.
- Industry certifications, which include Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), HDI - Desktop Support Technician Certification and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), would be an advantage.
- Technical knowledge of pcs and desktop hardware.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards, i.e. Windows 7, Windows 10, iOS, Microsoft Office365
- Working knowledge of AD, Exchange and remote control tools
- Experience in Desktop SOE image preparation using Microsoft MDT/SCCM is an advantage
- Experience in supporting mobile devices such as iPhone/iPad/Android mobiles/tablets, etc.
- Experience in supporting remote and mobile connectivity technologies (VPN, broadband, ADSL, cable, fiber broadband,4G/HSDPA/HSUPA/LTE
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment