A challenging role within our Cognitive Science and Automation team, driving digital innovation globally for the firm!
The Engagement Manager sits within Schroders’ Cognitive Science and Automation (CSA) team, which drives digital innovation globally, with the vision of transforming Schroders to become a data-driven, intelligent enterprise. The CSA team leads the introduction and implementation of new tools for intelligent automation, such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Intelligent Optical Character Recognition (OCR). The CSA team is responsible for Schroders’ digital workforce – configuration, run, optimisation and related operational change.
Overview of role
As an Engagement Manager, you will work with leadership and stakeholders throughout Schroders to effectively bring innovation, platform and service providers together, and manage automation efforts to digitise business processes across Operations to Investment front office. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as a primary point of contact for operations and investment / product teams (on an as needed basis) to support commercialisation of internal innovation.
- Build relationships with key business leaders and subject matter experts and gain an understanding of their strategic needs
- Monitor and measure launched solutions and feed insights back into the solution development process teams comprising RPA, Symphony, OCR, Cloud and Analytics professionals.
- Provide analytics-driven insights and metrics for senior management on strategy/initiative progress, roadblocks and path to success maps
- Collaborate closely with partners to host events and cultivate opportunities to promote Schroders and its partners throughout the investment community.
- Upkeep a culture of data and analytics-driven problem solving via offering insightful Tableau-based metrics for programme teams
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation, and develop detailed project plans to track progress where required
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including status reports, tracking tools and presentations
- Manage budgeting and financials for the CSA team
- At least 5 years’ experience in programme management and/or business process improvement initiatives
- Experience in working with business groups, vendors and financial services partners to help drive the automation agenda
- Proven track record of success in PMO, project governance support or business management roles in financial services with good exposure to project financials, resource planning, governance and control, etc
- Able to monitor and control the programme resources to achieve specific project goals against specific project success criteria
- Understand the importance of tracing, managing and documenting all project issues to ensure project cohesion and risk management
- Able to centrally manage knowledge depository system and ensure that its updated and maintained
- Share knowledge and create standards to support future problem identification and resolution
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Good understanding of project methodologies.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Good technical, analytical, communication and inter-personal skills
- Possess initiative, drive, and ability to work independently and be a good team player
- High level of initiative and able to work within timelines
- Meticulous, detail-oriented and clear thought process abilities