Enterprise Solutions Engineer, IT - Ops Transformation
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Enterprise Solutions Engineer is the primary technical resource for the project(s) assigned. The Enterprise Solutions Engineer is responsible for technical solutioning for the project(s) assigned. He / She is expected to partner with key roles (e.g. project managers, business users, vendors etc.) to craft solutions that are aligned to enterprise architecture framework governance, leverage existing platforms and services to meet project timelines and financial targets. Problem solver with ability to see things in multiple angles, and constantly push boundaries to improve status quo. The Job
• Required to interact with specialist teams like security, compliance and facilitate workshops/meetings to resolve issues.
• Act as a subject matter expert in the web / mobile application space and constantly keep up with knowledge of new concepts, emerging technology, and architecture. Ability to communicate technical jargon and ensure adherence to exacting architectural criterion is vital to your success in this pivotal role.
• Analyse business needs / requirements, so as to design web / mobile solution based on Enterprise Architectures.
• Coordinate with Project Manager, Infrastructure teams, vendors and other solution teams to deliver project deliverables and software application releases.
• Prepare and present implementation model or new technology implementation model to the Enterprise Architecture review board.
• The Enterprise Solution Engineer will also support the project(s) deliveries on the technical and operational aspects including non-functional components such as Interface Design, data migration, Infrastructure design/setup (together with Infrastructure team), etc. Some examples on the tasks at hand:
a) Work with infrastructure team to provision resources in SIT, UAT and production environment. Also work with internal solutions team for any integration with backend systems.
b) Manage inter-system dependencies among the multiple releases and highlight to Project Manager on the potential risk and issue.
c) Monitor and control quality of vendor deliverables to ensure best practices and enterprise standards are adhered.
d) Coordinate with vendor/testers during SIT and UAT to ensure defects are managed.
e) Identify process improvement for adoption to optimize delivery processes.
• Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
• Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
• Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.