Equity Derivatives Technology - Global Head of Trade Management & Head of APAC
The Global Head of Equity Derivative Trade Management Technology is a senior level position responsible for leading an organization in delivering innovative technology solutions for Citi's sales, traders and operation teams across the lifecycle of Equity Derivatives and Structured products.
This position will also encapsulate the APAC Head of Equity Derivatives Technology roles, which will have regional oversight over the APAC Equity Derivatives Technology agenda and organization.
The Head of Equity Derivative Trade Management Technology, will partner extremely closely with business stakeholders and other technology groups to deliver platforms and solutions, which support the full end to end trade lifecycle of our product set; from trade inception through to expiry. Alongside managing a complex existing platform and critical programme of work, they will also be responsible for forming, planning and executing a strategy that modernizes and simplifies the existing technology landscape, as well as helping to fulfil the ambitious business growth goals.
The role requires a solid understanding of Equity Derivatives or similar products, together with a proven track record of leading technology teams on mission critical applications and through transformational change. Responsibilities:
- Manage/develop multiple teams of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions) as well as ensure team adheres to best practices and process Develop vision for team around roles and responsibilities, and structure team to ensure greatest impact, efficient use of resource, and alignment to business structures
- Prepare and present regular team/project reviews to senior management and business leaders
- Drive the design and development of system architecture, work with end-users of the systems, and enhance the quality of deliverables
- Ensure staff follows Citi documented policy and procedures as well as maintain desktop procedures and supporting documentation for filings on a current basis and in comprehensive manner
- Monitor and manage approach/end results, budgeting, planning, policy formation, and contribute to future strategy of the area(s)
- Ensure change is managed with appropriate controls, documentation, and approvals including implementation of new and revised regulatory reporting requirements
- Research and resolve issues, provide recommendations, and escalate to senior management as needed
- Manage and maintain all disaster recovery plans, oversee appropriate testing, and provide permit-to-operate for new applications
- Lead and deliver local staff forums, present global, regional, and location news and updates to engage team in the progress of organization
- Contribute to defining and implementing best practices and processes for the department and ensure transparency and consistency across teams
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Extensive years of relevant experience in Applications Development role
- A number of years managerial experience across Globally dispersed teams
- Experience in Equity Derivatives or similar
- Experience with financial products
- Working knowledge of the industry and competitors' products and services
- Advanced knowledge of strategic direction of the function within relevant part of the business
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and development skills
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting