Executive Director, Strategic Partnerships
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Business Development in CCIB Digital Channels and Data Analytics, serves as a single client-facing Centre of Excellence to support Sales and RM teams with digital solution design (ensuring products and platforms meet client needs), as well as strategic partnership development (building out third-party capabilities) to enable superior digital outcomes for clients and SCB across CCIB Business verticals. CCIB Business Development comprises Digital Client Solution & Strategic Partnerships.
- Strategic Partnerships, whether they are client-driven or with 3 rd parties, play an important part in accelerating business growth & complementing our product capabilities. The team will work closely with key business stakeholders across CCIB the team to source, advise & deliver strategic partnership opportunities for CCIB's digital platform. You will be part of the senior Business Development team together with Global Head of Digital Client. Through leadership in selection, execution & integration you will support and enable CCIB Business and product lines to reach their strategic and commercial objectives, fully aligned to CCIB Digital and CCIB wide strategy and goals. Clear objectives and targets to drive overall digitization and support business vertical increase enabled revenue, increased margins, addressable wallet and wallet share through superior client outcomes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- You and your team will have a key role in driving the digital transformation of the bank primarily through an ambitious agenda to expanding addressable wallet, margins, and growing market share across CCIB businesses through strategic partnership selection and integrations.
People and Talent
- Work closely with and support key business stakeholders to ensure their partnership objectives and business goals are aligned with the CCIB's digital strategy.
- Act as CoE for CCIB for Partnerships by developing standard framework (playbook) for sourcing, evaluation, commercial negotiations, governance and risk.
- Identifying and sourcing 3 rd party partnership opportunities with potential impact at scale across CCIB's divisions (TB, FM, GB)
- Vetting client co-creation initiatives and driving the right partnerships forward
- Focus on impact across three dimensions: client acquisition, wallet share, and new digital capabilities.
- Leading cross-functional teams through evaluation and commercialisation of partnerships using robust frameworks
- Benchmarking existing and new partnerships against peer group.
- Track performance of live partnerships with explicit KPIs.
- Manage partnership pipeline against explicit targets and KPIs.
- Systematically manage, track, and report on partnership pipelines and live deal streams.
- Secure and align appropriate internal resources in close corporation with Channels and Innovation team, Technology, and relevant business/product stakeholders.
- Work close will CCIB Digital Channel and Innovation unit in solutioning and product development for strategic platforms and 3 rd party capability integration.
- Manage internal and partners timelines for build and integration
- Work closely with CCIB Digital Channel and Data Analytics MT and teams in delivering the overall Digital Strategy.
- Through best in class partnership selection and integration help CCIB Digital and CCIB Business stakeholders, alongside other key stakeholders, drive digital transformation and establish Standard Chartered as the leading digital banking platform providing services to our Network powering global trade, commerce and financial services to companies around the world.
- You are expected to partner effectively with stakeholders both inside CCIB Digital Channels and Data Analytics as well as across businesses and functions. You are a team player. You will engage actively with the front line, sales, product, implementation & client management, legal, compliance, operations, and technology teams. Through thought leadership and collaborative approach, you will effectively support and enable business outcomes for clients and business stakeholders.
- You take a proactive approach to risk management and on an ongoing basis will be identifying, assessing, monitoring, mitigating risks related to platform selection and integration.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- You will work with regional and in-country teams to ensure that platforms are compliant with any relevant legal and regulatory requirements and risks.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Platform Partnerships team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- FM Sales & Trading, Client Coverage, Transaction Banking and various internal divisions (IT, Operations, Legal, etc).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- 10+ years experience with a proven track record of working in management consulting or Strategic Partnerships.
- Strong business acumen, ability to understand business needs, translate into data analytics use cases and drive adoption and mindset transformation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills. Capable to deliver well-structured communication and presentation of complicated business concepts
- Deep understanding of wholesale banking domain with a profound ability to conceive and transform end-to-end processes.
- Team oriented, goals oriented, and flexible with proven track record in collaborating with multiple stakeholders and driving results, specially via influence management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.