Exp. Project Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are looking to expand our team of the Digital Private Bank.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Bank's client reporting in both paper and digital channels. This role will begin within APAC platform team to perform a complete review of client statements, following which this role will be embedded as part of the operational Client Reporting team on an ongoing basis. Key responsibilities will involve
- Drive an in depth analysis of PBs end-to-end client reporting process to detail the outcome of the review and identify enhancements to the process (if any).
- Produce project artefacts such as RTM+, Data lineage, roles & responsibilities & control model (incl. control ownership) prior to closure of the review.
- Once the review is completed, implement operational governance to embed the process as part of BAU & ensure relevant controls are adopted & followed by relevant control owners.
- 'Products' under your ownership will include capabilities in such as portfolio / investment management, client data management, user behavior analytics etc.
- As Scrum Product Owner prioritize the book of work / backlog for multiple teams of developers
- Seek to ensure all parties are aware of scope, expected and realized benefits and timelines
- Actively manage agile project progress against quality standards, targets and budgets and challenging actions, results and activities
- Identify risks, dependencies and issues and drive respective mitigations
- Engage business partners by providing updates through informal or formal meetings and ensure any decisions required are consulted by all key partners
Solid grasp of financial products, e.g. client reporting, financial product roles Good understanding of technology aspects. Outstanding problem solving skills, attention to detail and a desire to explore an analysis to its full extent Excellent partner management and written and verbal communication skills Banking experience or strong interest in banking industry Experience in working in digital initiatives Qualification of a college or higher education in business/economics/technology
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.