FVP/SVP, Strategic Alliance & Fintech, Group Channels & Digitalisation
Posting Date: 07-May-2022
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Group Channels & Digitalization
function enables end-to-end seamless connectivity for UOB customers across all physical and digital touchpoints of the Bank. Designed to be in tune with our customers' banking preferences, we strive to enhance engagement and deliver exemplary experiences across our network of branches, self-service machines and digital platforms. We collaborate with FinTech ecosystem partners to keep abreast of developments in the FinTech innovation space and to embed ourselves in our customers' lives. We also harness customer insights to help us deliver new business models and digital innovations, and to build deeper relationships with our customers.
The Strategic Alliance and Fintech team
seeks to grow our customer segments, capture new customer segments and serve them rapidly via multiple channels & cross-channel customer experience in the new digital environment. As a group wide resource, you will be responsible for initiatives supporting Group Channels and Digitalisation leadership in supporting the wider bank to identify and build ecosystem partnerships and digital capabilities to augment UOB Group's franchise through innovative FinTech and Digital Platforms solutions. Job Responsibilities
- Engage the FinTech and Investor community to understand their perspectives, trends that are affecting the financial services industry
- Initiate innovative and differentiating solutions that are customer centric to deliver customized and responsive experiences through an omni-channels approach to deliver outcomes that meet business objectives.
- To engage with Fintechs and the wider eco-system of digital services for businesses, with a view to partnering these players to enhance the bank's online customer reach with integrated service offerings.
- Identify and build strategic partnerships with Fintechs, corporates and government agencies to work with the bank to grow the bank's franchise, working closely with business units and their respective partnership teams (if available)
Be a part of UOB Family
- 10-12 years of business experience in the Consumer/Commercial/Transactional Banking segments. Ideally with knowledge on dealing and working with fintechs ecosystem and government agencies.
- Comfortable to challenge and test the boundaries to innovate
- "Can-do" and "want-to" work ethic, demonstrated by openness to change, hunger to learn and understand the "whys" and discipline to see projects to successful completion.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills to manage communication and collaborations with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical and proficient in usage of data for fact-based decision making.
- Good understanding of Customer Experience and Usability.
- Team player, adaptable and familiar in working in an agile manner.
- Be familiar with ever-changing regulations around bank investments and the ability of various FinTech domains to operate in the countries that UOB operates in.
- Regional exposures would be added advantage, especially where it related to cross border projects.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.