Finance Director / Chief Operating Officer. (Private Equity & Asset Management sector)
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 8F Asset Management Pte Ltd
- 19 oct. 17 2017-10-19
An investment manager focused on the private equity and asset management sectors is seeking an investor-reporting focused FD / COO to join their team as they embark on an aggressive growth strategy.
The investment firm was set up by highly-regarded and experienced professionals in the alternative and private equity sector. The individuals in their previous experiences have managed multi-billion commitments from a pool of global stakeholders and delivered strong returns to their investors for more than a decade and in turn, forged a strong reputation in the alternative investment space.
An opportunity has arisen for a seasoned finance professional to join their team as their Finance Director & Chief Operating Officer based in their Singapore office. This is a unique opportunity for a skilled FD / COO to work alongside one of the most dynamic group of investment professionals globally and to build a team of finance/compliance/administration staff.
The individual is responsible for the accounting, financial analysis, cash management and risk management functions of the firm and its portfolio. In this capacity, he/she will also manage the relationships with the regulators and service providers including auditors, bankers, fund administrators and vendors.
The FD also doubles as a COO by providing leadership to the Admin/HR and Compliance, providing support for the partners to focus on investing, fundraising and business development.
The duties shall include (but is not limited to) the following:
Company budgeting, accounting, IT
- Manage the firm’s internal financial administration and prepare necessary reports on a timely basis for business planning, e.g. monthly management reports, annual budget and ad-hoc forecasts
- Manage/maintain accounting system
- Facilitate audit, prepare supporting worksheets for audit
- Responsible for tax calculations and interactions with / submissions to IRAS
- Ensure that the staff are supported by adequate IT infrastructure, working with external vendor(s)
Fund accounting, monitoring, reporting and investor services
- Ensure prompt service and accuracy from external fund administration team
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly / annual fund reports and prompt response to investor queries
- Implement and maintain performance analytics database to support investment team and investor reporting / queries
- ILPA reporting and facilitate FATCA, CDOT and CRS reporting
- Develop solutions for tax and structural issues relating to investment vehicles
- Review investors' capital statements, capital call/distribution notices, investment valuations
- Monitor and manage all liquidity needs for the funds: 1) Ensure sufficient bank lines of credit for managing liquidity / debt financing, and 2) optimize fund capital calls and distributions including use of credit line to improve efficiency and returns
- Oversee external auditors and tax agents with regards to funds' audit and tax matters
- Together with the external compliance service provider, monitor all open compliance, regulatory and legal issues involving the firm as well as related matters affecting the industry
- Responsible for interactions with MAS and other regulatory entities
- CPA or advanced degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Direct CFO or fund controller experience at a private equity, venture capital or asset management firm
- No less than 7 years of relevant experience in finance leadership positions
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in fund accounting, fund administration, and fund tax structuring
- Knowledge and experience of the compliance function
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic, initiative and attention to detail
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and a friendly, service-oriented attitude
- Positive orientation, persistence and energy
- Proactivity and the ability to undertake multi-tasking
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify problems, and find solutions