Financial Accountant, Asia
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Janus Henderson Investors
- 15 juin 18
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing financial accounting support and maintain control over the General Ledgers in SAP, ensuring that accounting policies are applied consistently across entities. They will also assist with the full spectrum of financial accounting and reporting functions, including Accounts Receivable (“AR”) and Accounts Payable (“AP”) , regulatory and statutory reporting, and will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including auditors, tax agents etc. Following the merger of the Janus Capital Group and Henderson Group, there are several ongoing Finance integration projects that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in.
Overview of the Role
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, Asia, this role (Financial Accountant, Asia) supports the Pan Asia Finance Hub which provides financial operations support to the entities within the region. The Pan Asia Finance Team will also be responsible for the financial accounting of all the entities in-region (Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, and Japan).
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing financial accounting support and maintain control over the General Ledgers in SAP, ensuring that accounting policies are applied consistently across entities. She/he will also assist with the full spectrum of financial accounting and reporting functions, including Accounts Receivable (“AR”) and Accounts Payable (“AP”) , regulatory and statutory reporting, and will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including auditors, tax agents etc.
Following the merger of the Janus Capital Group and Henderson Group, there are several ongoing Finance integration projects, including the integration of AP/AR processes across the merged Group, the implementation of common Finance systems (e.g. Basware, SAP, Bottomline etc.), and the alignment of Finance operating processes to achieve efficiencies while being compliant with all statutory and regulatory requirements, e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”).
The successful candidate will also be highly involved in the various projects, particularly in the first year as the Pan Asia Finance Team takes on responsibility for legacy Janus entities, beginning with Accounts Payable and culminating in full financial control of those entities.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide financial accounting support to the Pan Asia entities
• Prepare GL journals and manage the monthly financial close process in a timely and accurate manner.
• Be responsible for balance sheet reconciliations (selected entities), including identification of booking errors and ensuring that all balances are supported appropriately.
• Prepare and review of legal entity financial accounts and assist in variance analysis.
• Prepare statutory accounts for the respective entities and ensure compliance with relevant financial reporting standards.
• Prepare periodic tax returns (e.g. GST, FBT, and annual corporate tax computations), regulatory filings and related surveys, which are accurate, complaint with relevant regulatory/statutory requirements, and submitted on time.
• Assist with ad-hoc queries from business partners and other Group Finance teams based in Denver and London.
• Liaise with internal/external auditors and tax agents and provide support on queries.
2. Provide support for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable in-region
• Generate payment batches and ensuring that payment details are correct before submitting for release.
• Create manual payments and ensuring that all relevant details are entered accurately.
• Monitor operating account cash balances to ensure adequate cash balances prior to making payments.
• Prepare AR journal entries on cash receipts.
• Assist with queries from the business on AP/AR matters.
3. Internal control and process improvement
• Establish, implement, review and update accounting and financial policies and procedures to ensure proper corporate governance.
• Identify and address existing gaps in internal controls and the financial reporting process.
• Assist process owners / relevant stakeholders in identifying risk and internal control for financial reporting.
• Ensure smooth collaboration with relevant stakeholders situated locally and across Pan Asia, Denver, and London.
• Ensure local processes are aligned with Group processes, or otherwise well documented and supported with relevant approvals where divergence is necessary.
• Assume additional duties as and when assigned
• Assist as required in ad-hoc projects and other business initiatives.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or ACCA
• Preferred CPA/CA qualified
• Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the Asset Management/Finance industry sectors and/or Big 4 accounting firms
• Fluency in spoken and written English is a prerequisite
• Knowledge of Mandarin, Cantonese, and/or Japanese will be an advantage
• Experience with SAP or other ERP systems preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Pan Asian regulatory requirements (AU/JP/TW/CN) preferred
• Strong eye for detail and be able to work productively under pressure and tight deadlines
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Independent and adaptable, with an ability to “think outside of the box”
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong team player
• A self-starter and fast learner who is able to multi-task
• Be able to build strong working relationships with colleagues in-region, London, and Denver
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
• Annual Performance Appraisal
• Completion of all assigned Compliance training
At a minimum the role requires the individual to:
• Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
• Understand and comply with any federal, state, and foreign laws and regulations applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of Compliance if this is unclear at any time
• Understand and comply with all relevant Janus Henderson policies applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of the relevant policy owner if this is unclear at any time.
The individual in the role is ultimately accountable for his/her own actions and is responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.