Financial Services Advisory, Actuarial Manager / Associate Director
The KPMG Actuarial Services team offers innovative business strategies to clients with an aim of helping them navigate the rapidly changing insurance industry. Our professionals have sound technical skills with the ability to cut through complex issues to help our clients make more effective and efficient business decisions.
We invite highly motivated, dynamic professionals to join our growing Actuarial practice. Successful candidates will play a significant role in offering a wide range of actuarial consultancy services in the insurance and financial services industry.
The role involves:
• Performing actuarial audit for our life insurance and reinsurance clients
• Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to perform assessments, discuss the findings and prepare assessment reports
• Contributing to IFRS 17 projects including assisting in financial impact assessment, performing actuarial modelling and providing technical support
• Participating in advisory engagements related to capital and risk management reviews, reserving and pricing reviews, mergers and acquisitions consulting, and pension valuation
• Reviewing or building financial models including business planning/ forecasting, corporate financing and capital management.
• Mentoring and training of junior staff
The ideal candidate should have:
• Possess a recognised degree or relevant qualification
• 6-8 years of experience in either life or Non-life insurance or consulting field preferably within the ASEAN market
• Possess strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently
• Advanced proficiency in actuarial modelling with Prophet is a bonus (for those with Life exposure)
All applications will be held in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by KPMG Talent Acquisition team.