IG Asia is looking for a Financial Writer to work with our Market Analyse team.
IG is a part of the UK based IG Group – a listed, FTSE 250 Company with a market capitalisation in excess of $2 billion. The group employs around 1500 staff in 15 different countries.
If you are fascinated by the idea of working at the intersection of finance, technology and data, you should thrive in this environment where you'll gain exposure to CFDs, equities, FX, futures and options.
We are a financial technology company with a friendly culture of collaboration where we aim to offer the ideal environment for talented individuals to grow professionally and learn new skills.
- To deliver a top-quality and highly relevant real-time news feed for our website with the aim of improving our natural search rankings and driving qualified traffic to our website
- To write excellent articles for the feed in a timely fashion using original sourcing
- To work quickly with minimal supervision, researching, writing and editing confidently on a wide range of topics, from company earnings reports to major political or economic news affecting financial markets
- To engage and work effectively with a global team of writers producing the feed, ensuring there’s continuity of content and also a local feel to the news produced in your time zone
- To continually develop knowledge and understanding of the best-practice principles of SEO copy
- To become an expert in IG’s products, services, and the wide-ranging consequences of financial and economic events
- A versatile financial news writer or copywriter, with a strong eye for detail even while producing speedy, timely articles
- Excellent writing skills – demonstrating a dynamic and variable style, concerned with getting key messages across quickly and efficiently
- A business-minded professional – confident, friendly and down to earth
- An independent worker, but also great communicator: The role is for self-starters who will work with minimal supervision, but they must be able to work as part of a global team, picking up and handing over from one time zone to the next as part of a global network of writers.
- A thoughtful and decisive individual, capable of owing and rationalising creative decisions but equally receptive to feedback
- An orgranised but creative thinker, capable of writing to tight deadlines and chanllenging constrains
- Evidence of strong writing skills
- Evidence of experience or knowledge of SEO writing techniques
- Ability to work at pace to tight deadlines
- Evidence of having worked with minimal supervision
- A passion for, and basic understanding of, financial markets, and the political and economic factors that influence them
- Degree educated (2:2 or above)