At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
This position within the Front Office Risk Management team partners with the Front Office stakeholders to promote a sound risk culture and implement an effective operational risk and control framework. This includes the operationalization of control procedures, rollout of change initiatives and projects, and risk and control activities. The individual will also be the main point of contact for various risk topics for the Front Office stakeholders.
This role reports to the Head of Front Office Risk Management, which is part of the Global Front Line Risk and Control ("FLRC") unit, with an objective to consolidate and drive the risk and control function for the 1 st line of defence.
- Strengthen operational risk management governance and framework in first line of defence.
- Provide guidance and advice to FO stakeholders on all compliance & regulatory related matters, including but not limited to AML/CFT policy and procedural changes, cross border marketing guidelines, adherence to sales and suitability policies and procedures, fraud prevention policy and procedures etc.
- Supports the FO stakeholders to manage their operational risks in a structured, systematic and consistent manner.
- Self-Assessment Programs
- Operational Risk Events management and reporting
- Operational Risk Indicators (ORIs) reporting
- Outsourcing Risk Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Internal Control Attestation, etc
- Develop training programs and conduct training across the Business unit to deepen understanding of operational risk management.
- Lead/ Participate in various operational risk initiatives/activities, thematic reviews, deep dives, etc.
- Involved in the formulating of new policies and advise on the feasibility to FO
- Operationalize the policies, once effected, by providing training to the FO
- Report to the Global Head of Front Line Risk & Control ("FLRC"), Head of Front Office Risk Management ("FORM") and respective Business Heads on any areas of concern
- Represent the team in ad-hoc projects and UATs
Work experience requirements
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in a financial institution in the management of operational risk and/or business risk.
- Good knowledge of banking products and operations preferred
- Familiar with excel and preparation of statistics for reporting.
- The candidate is expected to be versatile and knowledgeable in private banking and should have sufficient experience in handling operational incidents and operationalization of policies.