Front Office Technology Developer
Front Office Technology Developer Singapore
As a Barclays Front Office Technology Developer, you will be delivering features and enhancing support to new and existing product offering for Asia and Global Macro businesses. This will primarily involve development using C++, MS-SQL, C# and custom development tools and scripting languages. You'll also focus on development of support tools, configuration work, troubleshooting live issues, translating business needs into technical requirements, discussing requirements and prototyping solutions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Designing and developing code
- Providing well designed test to exercise on new behavior and check regression risk
- Identifying improvements to production stack and presenting them to prioritization forums
- Participating in discussion with business users
- Conducting research on products and pricing methodologies, writing coherent specs and translating business needs into technical requirements
- Participating in Rota providing development support to business user
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Quantitative libraries in analysis, prototyping and troubleshooting
- Excellent knowledge in risk, finance and treasury and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to work under pressure to deliver projects and excellent time management
- Quick learner and a flexible team player who is prepared to multi task in a fast paced environment, confident and articulate self-starter
Where will you be working?
- Excellent C++ (Boost, STL) and MS-SQL
- Good knowledge in fixed income products especially Swaps
- Confident working with .NET and scripting languages (e.g. Phyton, Powershell, etc.)
- Ability to do prototyping and analysis in Excel
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.