At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Asian Fixed Income Fund Management team primarily with portfolio monitoring, cash balance and cash projection monitoring, and assisting the Fund Management team with portfolio management related activities including order generation process ensuring trading activity is compliant and appropriate for the portfolio. The candidate is also expected to be the close liaison with other departments including Compliance and Risk, Information Systems and Investment Operations functions to resolve issues and present the Asian Fixed Income for change requests and system/process enhancements. The candidate will also work with the global Fund Manager Assistant (FMA) teams and Asian Fixed Income team to maintain procedure documents, risk registers, and report production. The successful candidate will also provide cover on Fund Manager Assistant support to the Asian Equities Fund Management team when required.
Key Work Level Accountabilities: Experienced Colleague
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Responsibilities for this role:
Fund Manager Support Responsibilities:
- Understand the rules and regulations in regards to Asian investment portfolios and ensure the funds remain compliant.
- Assist the Fund Management team with portfolio monitoring and risk.
- Responsible for monitoring cash balances on the portfolios and provide fund managers with notification and support when managing cash flows.
- Assist the Fund Management Team with the order generation process ensuring trading activity is compliant and appropriate for the portfolio.
- Maintain desk procedures, how-to guides and risk registers, ensuring the processes and controls are captured and adhered to by those involved in the investment process.
- Ad hoc support for Fund Managers.
- Raise, test and sign off small changes to systems, working closely with system development and front office system support teams.
- Participate in projects on operational readiness for new fund launches and transition of fund management activities.
- Provide input to report production for other departments (e.g. Investment Reporting at month end).
- Provide cover on Fund Manager Assistant support to Asian Fixed Income team primarily and to Asian Equities team when required.
- Understand the operational challenges faced within Front Office and work with management to improve key controls.
- Close liaison with Compliance and Risk, particularly around validation breach management and new instruments.
- Work with management to improve processes, ensuring risks are understood and controls are appropriately applied.
- Liaise, resolve issues and represent the investment teams with other departments, including Information Systems and Investment Operations.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate should be a self-starter who has the ability to use their own initiative and work with individuals across different teams in the organisation.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to liaise effectively with personnel at all levels.
- A understanding of Fixed Income investment products and the asset management industry.
- Knowledge of asset classes (Fixed Income, Equities, FX and Derivatives)
- Bright, enthusiastic and proactive. Due to the nature of the role, a self-starter is essential.
- Numerate, logical and analytical approach, with a mathematical discipline at A-level/degree beneficial.
- P.C. literate and able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience in an operational environment and an understanding of risk and control within the asset management industry.
- Experience of maintaining procedural documentation.
- Experience of managing complicated processes with a focus on risk reduction, standardisation and automation.
- Experience in relevant related role.
- Previous knowledge / use of Aladdin.
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally or disability.