Graduate Trainee Trader - Singapore
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Mako Group
- 25 juin 18 2018-06-25
We’re looking for intelligent, driven and forward-thinking graduates to join our team in Singapore as trainee traders. All candidates must be a Singapore Citizen or have permanent residency in Singapore. Mako is an options market making, proprietary trading and sales advisory firm with a global trading footprint, operating in the Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities and FX derivatives markets with offices in London, Singapore and Sydney.
GRADUATE TRAINEE TRADER PROGRAMME
A Unique Programme for Aspiring Traders
Mako’s Graduate Trainee Trader Programme is an immersive programme which gives a unique opportunity for graduates to develop in-depth knowledge and experience of the industry and options markets. Its content provides an educational base for potential Mako traders and operational staff. The programme runs for an 18 month period and not only covers the markets in which Mako operates, but also fundamental option theories as well as operational and risk processes.
Mako’s graduate programme offers an exceptional opportunity to work with highly experienced traders to get hands on knowledge and to understand the options industry in greater depth.
Work in a Fast Paced Real-Time Trading Environment
From the outset, graduate trainees are introduced to our fast paced and dynamic trading environment and are assigned stimulating and interactive projects to build upon their knowledge and understanding. Mako’s in-house programme is one of a kind and prepares graduates for a career at Mako by allowing immediate exposure to all aspects of our market-making business.
Learn From Highly Experienced Traders
As a trainee you will be working closely with our senior traders, giving you the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced in the business. In addition, trainees participate in classes covering a rigorous syllabus of options theory and attend regular mock floor-trading sessions in a collaborative and unique environment.
Trainees have the opportunity to add value from the outset. Mako's structure encourages a culture of exploration, challenge and learning. Trainees work on various projects throughout the programme and have access to a wealth of knowledge across the business. This is the ideal environment for sharing knowledge and generating ideas to drive our business forward.
There is likely to be an opportunity to travel in this role and trainees may be invited to undertake a short rotation in our London offices.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a small team with other more senior traders with extensive experience in the market.
- Understand how the different businesses and markets operate by rotating around various trading desks.
- Innovation is key to our business, so you’ll be helping improve how the desk runs whether it be through new trade ideas or working on the automated side.
- Your main responsibility will be to learn how to trade through a mixture of on-the-job training and development, mock trading sessions and lessons in option theory and risk management.
- Challenge methods of analysis for successful trading strategies.
- Contribute to the development of new mathematical implementations to further enhance Mako’s competitive edge in the marketplace.
What we need from you:
- The ability to work under high pressure, react quickly to changing circumstances and make effective decisions.
- A keen sense for risk and value and an ability to demonstrate a competitive edge. Mako is a very collegiate environment, but the market is not!
- A very high demonstrable level of mathematical ability.
- Programming ability - familiarity with Python (C++ advantageous).
- Degree in a Science, technology, engineering or mathematics subject with a high GPA.
- Options theory is not required but is desirable.
What we give back:
- Responsibility from day one, and the chance to be actively trading within a year
- A fast-paced working environment, with a dress-down corporate culture.
- Private health, life and dental insurance
- Competitive salary and bonus structure.