Group Finance Director
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces. We have market presence in eight markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Myanmar, and Vietnam) and three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India.
Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, and Sequoia Capital. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We are looking for a Group Finance Director for our fast-growing Finance Team in Singapore. Our ideal teammate will have a blend of Corporate Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tax and Treasury experience in a fast growing corporation. You're comfortable working in the fast-paced environment in growth mode, while also having an eye for the nuances! You Will:
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and lead the corporate and group controllership function includes accounting, finance, tax, treasury, P2P, O2C and corporate compliance
- Manage group audits, consolidation, corporate reporting with strong experience in IFRS
- Manage treasury function including multi-currency exposure in multiple countries
- Lead the Tax, Treasury and Compliance function, with in-house experts in the team
- Manage the Group Audits, regulators and tax compliance
- Lead highly qualified senior finance leaders across the region
- Strategic partner to FP&A, Product, business and other C-suite leaders in the group
- Support the leaders with insightful business & finance inputs relating to key business decisions
- Establish sound internal control and standard financial/operating procedure
- Lead special finance projects, manage the centralized finance systems with an ambition to further automate processes
- Manage finance integration of acquired entities which includes purchase price allocation, ESOP valuation, etc.
- Support corporate development initiatives and investor reporting
- Qualified CA or CPA with a degree in Accounting
- Preferably 10+ years overall experience in a fast-paced tech or e-commerce industry with at least 5 at big 4 in senior manager position; experience in managing senior leaders with regional exposure
- Hands-on and at the same time strategic. Ability to work at all levels (operational, tactical and strategic)
- Inspiring Communication and Leadership qualities, including the passion to help educate and level up the organization
- Strong business acumen with sound decision making qualities
- Experience in Finance Due Diligence in support of M&A, investments, etc.
- Experience in post-merger integration