Head, Desktop, Mobile & Print Services (DMP)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
People and Talent
- Provide service leadership across all regions and customers to ensure consistency of service and product use and ensure standards are defined and maintained
- Manage a global team operating out of multiple locations inc. Singapore, Chennai, Bangalore, Kula Lumpur to name a few. This will include over sight of teams that manage:
- Physical PC and VDI services
- Corporate and BYOD mobile services
- Global print services (client and server)
- Desktop Platfom (inc operating system, authentication, security baseline, core productivity applications & browser)
- Desktop and Mobile Application Delivery and management platfoms
- Desktop, Mobile and Print endpoint management (inc patch)
- Desktop, Mobile and Print telemetry systems (for proactive and reactive service management)
- Know Your Customer - Manage senior stakeholder relationships across all regions, countries and business functions. Understand their challenges and requirments. Keep them appraised of service performance, roadmaps and transformational change.
- Customer centricity is at the heart of the departments activity.
- Service roadmaps are defined and illustrate alignment to both strategy and transformation investment.
- Services are architected, designed, engineered and delivered in a way that they are stable, resilient (inc appropriate business continuity support), secure by design and easy to consume (with a heavy emphasis on self service).
- TCO for all services is defined, accurate and communicated. Stakeholders to be aware of service consumption levels and costs (as well as trajectory). Constantly seek opportunity to optimise service costs with out degrading quality or service.
- Closely manage strategic vendor partnerships, ensure alignment to strategy.
- Effective governance and MI is place to measure service efficiency and effectiveness. This includes automated reporting on security patching, service stability, feature releases cadence, cost efficiency and consumption/adoption levels
- Ownership/leadership of incidents and problems that relate to services under management. Ensure timely RCA and remediation
- Closely collaborate and partner with EUS peers, Risk, COO, IT and business stakeholders to ensure awareness of service delivery, plans and changes inc transformation activity is fully aligned.
- Proactively manage and address service risks. Ensure risk buy down via transformation or BAU improvements.
- Ensure timely engagement and support for any internal or external audits. Ensure all action/remediation plans are reviewed and agreed.
- Maintain effective controls and process's that align to services under management
- Constantly drive the organisation to improve service quality, stability and experience. Leverage service telemetry and data to understand where incremental benefit can be achieved.
- Ensure organisational target operate model is clearly defined and aligned to overarching org design and to delivery of services. Ensure clear definition of roles and accountability of responsibilities.
Lead through example. Demonstrate technical and people leadership Build a culture that alignes to banks values and behaviours. Ensure staff ahear and remain compliant with the banks policies and procedures Needs to empower workforce but be able to step in when needed to course correct Support Diversity and Inclusion in the workforce. Foster a collaborative and partnership driven 'better together' ethos across the fuction Promote innovation Ensure the function has the appropriate balance between operations and engineering skills. Employ, engage and retain high quality people. Our Ideal Candidate
Experience & Soft Skills:
- > 15 years of Desktop, Mobile and Print technology experience
- > 6 years of senior management and leadership experience. Last 4 years should have been managing large enterprise teams of 70+ staff. Ideally will have led a similar fuction for a large financial services organisation
- Strong technical skills relevant to role. Must be technically curious, have a passion for technology change and innovation.
- Needs to be client centric
- Must have a strong security and risk mitigation mindset.
- Needs to have a analytical mindset, be data driven.
- Must be able to demonstate and articulate strategic vision. Must . Ideally has awareness of Financial services business, regulated industries and strong awareness of market trends as it pertains to technology.
- Must be able to communicate (oral and written) effectively with all levels from board to staff. Must be able to simplify complex scenarios.
- Must have strong people skills. Ability to build strong stakeholder and strategic partner relationships.
- Be able to nuture and develop staff. Build a self sustaining organisation with front to back succession plans.
- Must have a strong business accumum. Ability to define cost of business, articulate cash and P&L impact.
- Needs to be a self starter, results driven. Needs to drive accountability and always follow up.
- Windows (especially Windows 10), MacOS, iOS and Android Operating Systems
- Endpoint technologies (PC , Laptop and Mobile/tablet)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and 1E Nomad
- Microsoft System Centre Orchestration
- VDI infrastructure and software to support persistent and non persistant VDI seioon and application delivery eg Nutanix, Citrix Xen Desktop / Xen App, VMWare Horizon, Microsoft WVD
- Microsoft Office suite inc Office proplus and O365 components
- Browser based technologies eg IE, Chrome, Edge
- Strong knowledge of :
- End point protection eg Micoosft ATP, Symantec end point protection, Tanium.
- Active directory and LDAP
- Authentication inc NTLM, Kerberos, PKI
- Network (LAN, WAN and WIFI)
- Storage solutions (NAS, SAN, direct attached)
- Hyperconverged infrastructure e.g Nutanix
- SCOM /BMC for monitoring
- Good knowledge application packaging standards, desktop build and provisioning solutions
- Familiarity with defining strong desktop security baselines
- Awareness of GPO controls
- Awareness of print solutions including follow me
- Strong awareness of Mobile device and application management platforms eg Mobile Iron, Airwatch, Microsoft Intune
- Awareness of Mobile application standards
- Familiarity with evergreening mobile OS's and mobile test methodologies
- Awareness and experience with implementing BYOD
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .