Head, Perimeter Security
About Standard Chartered Bank
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Provide leadership and oversight by setting the direction, strategy, deliverables and operating model of the Network Security within Security Technology Services function.
- Drive strategic direction of Network Security to protect the Bank's critical assets from various cyber threats -to avoid the financial loss and reputation damage by implementing the technology and controls for perimeter security including DDoS protection, sinkhole capabilities, Security Gateways etc.
- Lead complex and Bank wide network security improvement efforts that work across security and infrastructure service domains
- Drive the capability uplifting to ensure an appropriate toolset, technologies and processes are in place to optimise, automated and achieve effective and resilient network security service supporting the team's operational objectives.
- Ownership of the Network Security service catalog content (including service fact sheets, service descriptions, service level objectives, total cost of ownership etc.)
- Defines and maintains the Network Security service and products strategy based on the evaluation of internal and external threat trends, business needs, regulatory and corporate drivers.
- Plans and manages the financing of the Network Security service (RtB, Continuous Improvement budget, CtB) within the applicable financial framework.
- Manage and coordinate the effective delivery of high quality, cost effective, pragmatic and threat driven Network Security Service.
- Work with stakeholders such as Infrastructure Networks, Cyber Defense Center, Security Monitoring & Analytics, Secure Design Center, CISO, IT Risk etc. to ensure the continuous improvement of the bank's Cyber Security capabilities
- Performs thorough assessment and analysis on new and existing changes to network security service capability and its end-to-end components, ensuring fit for purpose solutions and appropriate service components are implemented.
- Act as the SCB thought leader for Network Security and ensure the service stays ahead of competitive and industry trends,
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to obtain buy-in for the service and manage the escalations and expectations accordingly.
- Act as the SME during regulatory engagements when discussing Network Security topics.
- Manage a team of 20+ FTE's.
- Ownership of budget 5M - 20M
- Minimum 15 years' experience in Cyber security domains including Network Security.
- Highly entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication and an unrelenting drive to deliver value.
- Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organisation's goal. Is confident and will roll-up his/her sleeves to drive success
- Able to get things done in a quick-paced environment. Be transparent and open around what doesn't work and what does
- Excellent technical skills and strong understanding in network designs, switches and routers, firewalls, DDoS protection technology, NIDS/HIP's technology, honeypots, sinkhole capabilities, behaviour analysis tools.
- Strong understanding of the cyber-attack vectors and able to articulate the cyber kill chain and relevant controls to protect and detect events.
- Experience with enterprise data centre design, network design, security principles, computing infrastructure, network topology
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills (successfully lead and managed end-to-end technology services and or technology operations) with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise
- Experience of developing a people strategy, influencing relevant stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistently
- Ability to lead and control programme and/or project management in the context of a significant amount of change
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentation; technical reporting writing across various types of target audiences.
- Experience engaging directly with regulators desirable.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .