Head, Process & Governance (SST Channel)
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 18 juil. 18 2018-07-18
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good.
The role covers process and governance of the SST Channel, and will:
§ Support SST channels in the group and all countries (30 countries).
§ Build a pre-emptive approach to managing key channel risks for the SST channel.
§ Identify and execute risk management initiatives across the channels - establishing controls, monitoring effectiveness and driving actions to improve the risk profile and enhance the efficiency of the SST channel.
§ Maintain oversight of and manage ongoing risk related to SST channel issues with countries and group.
§ Establish a robust operating model for the channel via policies, procedures and manuals and assist to deliver strong compliance (policy/process assurance).
§ Actively engage stakeholders across the relevant functions in group, country and externally on channel governance, risk management and key priorities.
§ Report on the channel operations and key risks at the applicable Risk Governance Forums.
§ Manage and coordinate Group Audits for the channels and support country teams, and where necessary on external audits/reviews.
§ Manage related channel projects as requiredSupport and deliver Retail Banking Products, Digital and Segments initiatives and back up other roles in the Retail Banking Products, Digital and Segments COO team as required.
· Awareness and understanding of the Bank's business strategy and global trends in Retail Banking and the SST channel.
· Work with relevant stake holders to build and execute strategy for governance and channel operations across the short, medium and long-term.
· Work with relevant internal and external stake holders to provide inputs on initiatives from a process, governance and risk management perspective.
· Ensure projects/changes in business processes are aligned with governance and risk management objectives.
· Develop and roll out process and standards that are strategic, and are as automated and streamlined as possible.
· Deliver and support SST channel projects in line with strategy, simplification and risk management.
· Build awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment and trends for the SST channel.
· Identify risks and issues across the SST channel and work with internal/external stakeholders to remediate, and liaise with countries to ensure that they are effectively resolved across the Group.
· Support group and country teams in managing group and country audits, and regulatory reviews. Coordinate with relevant teams to drive audit issues to timely closure.
· Participate in SST channel related forums - PRD&S PGC, ATM ITO Technology Risk Management Working Group, ATM Change Control Board meetings, Security Round Table, and others as required (e.g. PCI etc).
Processes and Governance
· Establish a robust operating model for the SST channel channels via policies, procedures and manuals.
· Assist teams in the Group and Country to understand and execute the minimum set of controls, processes and procedures that will result in a stable and sustainable channel.
· Develop and publish Global Process Standards (GPS) in consultation with Business teams and Risk Control Owners.
· Refresh GPS every two years' based on changes in the risk environment and other group standards. Socialise GPS with country and operational risk teams and drive implementation.
· Manage dispensation process, being the delegated approving authority. Review each dispensation request, access risk/mitigating controls involve risk control owners where necessary and make the appropriate decision.
· Review related Retail and Group policies and procedures to assess impact to the GPS and ensure that these are considered from a group/country perspective. Ensure channel GPSs are updated based on any amendments to these.
· Actively engage key governance stakeholders in the relevant group functions (e.g. Legal & Compliance, Group Information Security, Operational Risk, Fraud, etc) and across markets, both with Channel heads and Operational Risk teams (UORMs) to share governance agenda, key initiatives and drive execution of the Channel Governance initiatives, policies, procedures and manuals.
· Attend relevant project working groups, project starring committees, change control boards etc to ensure that the relevant governance model is being followed in the project and implementation.
· Participate in vendor selection, vendor management, annual due diligence reviews etc. Work with vendors to ensure TSPA items are resolved and closed as committed.
· Actively manage key risk drivers for the channel, emanating from both internal and external factors, e.g. security, local regulations, technology systems and applications, introduction of new capabilities, channel capacity, etc.
· Building a deep understanding of the internal and external SST channel environments and ensure that global developments in these environments are appropriately assessed and managed to mitigate risk.
· Analyse key risks, incidents, conduct assurance checks (KRI/CST), assess results and present risk and governance posture to the Distribution PGC every month.
· Work with FRM and GIS to perform risk assessments on the channels and ensure that these are completed and signed off and treatment plans agreed and tracked.
· Conduct risk assessments to assess global materiality and residual risk impact for high-medium risks; participate in residual risk acceptance papers preparation and submission.
· Review SOREs, losses, near misses, audit findings, complaints, incidents and identify/drive resulting actions.
· Track mitigation actions for the above and assess applicability to other geographies to mitigate global risk areas/countries.
· Work closely with the Group Information Security (GIS) to identify and prioritize key initiatives to mitigate security threats. Where required, work across Group and Country teams to coordinate a response to potential/actual cyber-security threats affecting the Bank and our customers.
· Work closely with the Fraud Risk management (FRM) to identify and prioritize key initiatives to mitigate threats and work with relevant Group and Country teams to protect the Bank and our customers.
Regulatory & Business conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Work with relevant teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention and The Right Environment.
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
· Support the RPD&S COO team and the broader Retail Banking COO team on initiatives e.g. Medium Risk ORF, IKnowRB, EORP etc
· Socialise global/regional issues and risks with the channel community to drive an effective risk management culture
· Socialise policy roll outs and audit findings.
· Governance forum with Business Heads to discuss key channel risk and agree on mitigating actions
· Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
· Bachelor/Masters Degree in Business, Finance or relevant faculty
· Risk management and project management certifications as appropriate
· Membership: relevant risk management professional organizations.
· Bank training: complete all mandatory & developmental as required for risk management and regulatory/compliance.
· Languages: English
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.