Head of Public Sector Solutions Architecture
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated customer facing pre-sales leaders to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring Managers for our Solutions Architects.
In this role, you must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role.
The Head of Solutions Architect, will be a lead technical strategist for the Singapore sales team. The role will work closely with their Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solution Architect peers and AWS Professional Services teams across the organization to develop and promote well architected cloud best-practices, including data security and regulatory compliance. The role will influence AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid global Public Sector adoption.
Under your guidance the team will develop their best practice behaviors and skills in solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity for Government and nonprofit customers. You will work very closely with sales leadership to establish technical credibility and develop long-term customer relationships.
You will bring a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You will likely have past experience working as a Solutions Architect and managing a highly technical team. In addition, you will have significant experience working with customers and partners, and will have worked with the most senior contacts and executives. Ideally you will have extensive experience in the public sector in the Singapore and be familiar with the challenges and opportunities that these customers bring. Basic Qualifications
• 15+ years of experience growing and managing customer-facing, technical pre-sales and post-sales resources.
• Experience architecting and deploying production Cloud workload.
• 10+ years software/technology customer facing experience.
• Demonstrated experience coaching, mentoring, and developing technical professionals.
• Working knowledge of software development lifecycle, tools, and methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to influence technical and non-technical audiences including those at the Executive leadership level.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field).
• Dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact
• Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of Enterprise customers.
• Have a strong understanding of solutions innovation. The ideal candidate will have past experience working with customers or similar role and leading architecture teams. Preferred Qualifications
• MBA or other Master's degree.
• Professional experience architecting and deploying production workloads on AWS.
• Experience with on-premises to Cloud migrations and IT transformations.
• Professional exposure architecting or developing on AWS, including AWS certification.
• AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate & Professional
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.